Menu
gloomyandy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1471 stopped working, calls do not go to voicemail

Hi,
last year I had a problem with my home phone (stopped working completely), after an engineer visit the phone service was restored. However since then 1471 gives me a "sorry this service is not available" and missed calls do not seem to go to voicemail.

I've made repeated attempts using 150 to get this fixed. The most recent attempt resulted in a 3 hour call during which I spoke to 3 different VM service people. Each person initially said they did not know what the 1471 service was, then after putting me on hold said that the service should be enabled by default and that they could not change it and then forwarded my call to another person (with another hour wait). The final representative just hung up on me after an initial conversation when I asked if I was being charged for the call (which it seems I wasn't even though I was told I was).

I have made a formal complaint about this situation, but that system seems to be a joke. I got an initial response (after many, many days) vie email saying that they had tried to contact me via my home phone (even though I asked to be contacted via email) and "educating" me to call 150 (which the complaint was about). I replied to this email (and have had no response). A couple of days ago I got another email saying that since they have had no response they are closing the case, I have again replied to this email, but I suspect that it will just be ignored. How can VM have a complaints procedure that sends emails, but that does not monitor responses?

I'm a long time VM customer and have generally been happy with the product, but customer service seems to have got much worse recently. Given that my area is about to get City Fibre, this would seem like a good way to lose customers. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 stopped working, calls do not go to voicemail

Thanks for the post Gloomyandy and sorry to hear of the trouble.

Using the forum information we've checked the switch and refreshed the feature, can you let us know how things are now?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
gloomyandy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

thanks for trying to resolve this issue. Unfortunately this does not seem to have helped. Things have changed though, I am now getting the "interrupted dial tone" which usually indicates that a message is available, but if I dial 1571 I am told I have no messages (I've tried this a few times and get the same result), also the interrupted dial tone is still present. If I dial 1471 I get the same "Sorry the service requested is not available" message that I have now been getting for some time.

Andy

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this, I'll pop you a private message so we can have it fully removed and readded to the switch to see if this works.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gloomyandy

Thanks for joining us on PM.

Just to update the thread, everything was sorted 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
gloomyandy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

yes my 1451/voicemail problems now seem to be solved. Thanks to John and Emily for their help.

Having said that it is a pity that my earlier support calls did not get the problem resolved and I still think that VM have a problem with how they handle calls and complaints, but the response here has been very good, thanks.

Andy

0 Kudos