Menu
gingerjan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1471 not working Home phone

Hello just joined here as having no luck getting in touch by telephone to report 1471 not working. Message says “Not available from this line”.  This has been an ongoing problem for months now and I have tried on several occasions to rectify this through your call centres but to no avail.  After reading comments on Virgin Forum this problem appears to be a common fault which has to be activated by Virgin.

Can anybody help or point me in right direction to get this resolved please.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 not working Home phone

Hi gingerjan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the 1471 issue. I've ran a diagnostic on the system and it's asking me to check if the telephone is set to 'tone' and does this resolve the issue?

Check on the back or underneath the phone for a switch that says T or P, it will need to be on T. This could sometimes be on the side of the phone and they vary depending on the make. 

If it is a cordless phone you will need to go through the menu setting on the handset's display, look for settings, tones, key tones and set to tone dialing.

If you still can't get the tone to work, you'll will need to consult the phone manual or speak with the manufacturer/shop it was bought from. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
gingerjan
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.  Our telephone is corded and it set on tone and the 1471 feature has worked in the past.  We have tried a spare telephone but with no success.  Both telephones have been connected to a BT line and both allow access to the 1471 feature on that line.  Perhaps this points to a fault on the incoming Virgin line as indicated by other Forum users who have had the same problem.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gingerjan,

Thanks for coming back to me.

My colleague has re-added the 1471 feature now to your system. Could you please check it and let me know how you get on

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
gingerjan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Many thanks for your help and I can confirm 1471 is now reinstated.  I have had many calls to the Virgin call centre but no-one has been able to sort out the problem. At least I know now that contacting Virgin through the Forum can be successful.  I will certainly use this again in the future if necessary.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this has been resolved for you.

Have a nice rest of your week.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos