Menu
mgardam
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1471 hasn't been working for months

Hi Community Support,

My 1471 service hasn't been working for months and Virgin Media Support are next to useless.

I got told from the call centre that I was definitely speaking with the right person and when I asked him what 1471 actually was - he asked me to hold on a minute whilst he googled the answer - obviously not the right person for the call !!!

I have made several other phone calls with a variety of excuses - as to we know about this problem, it started yesterday and will be fixed by tomorrow - in fact my 1471 service had been down for months - so VM Tech Support is not very impressive, just full of lame excuses.

Has anyone got any idea why 1471 may not be working from my home phone … ?

Many Thanks

... Mat

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 hasn't been working for months

Thanks for the post Mat, can we please confirm if this service has since been activated? 

These do need to be added with us, I believe the only as standard service would be our free voicemail. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
mgardam
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 hasn't been working for months

Hi Emily,

This was activated the other day - Thanks.

However, I am disappointed it was working and then for months the call centres didn't exactly know what 1471 does and yesterday I got asked if this happened on all numbers or just some.

1471 works or it doesn't - it helps if the support engineers understand what they are supporting.

Regards and Thanks

… Mat

0 Kudos