Menu
Andypetuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1471 and caller display not working since repair fixed

Since line fault was repaired, 1471 and caller display have stopped working.

Tried to report it by calling 150, but customer services and technical services each say it's down to the other and just keep passing me backwards and forwards.

Been on the phone for two hours now.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 and caller display not working since repair fixed

Sorry to hear of this Andypetuk, has there been any update since on this issue since your post on Saturday?

If not, I will be happy to take a look into this for you and get it rectified.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Andypetuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Thanks for replying.

No, the problem is still not fixed. I'm getting the message "The available is not available from this line" on 1471, and there is no caller display. This started after a repair to the phone line.

Technical services tell me that it has been removed from my package and can only be replaced by Customer services.

Customer services tell me that it is available on all packages, so the can't add or remove. It's therefore a fault that can only be corrected by Technical Services.

So I go round an endless loop.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's not good at all and one of the teams could have done that for you, I can get this done myself for you.

I will need to drop you a private message, so that we can clear account security and data protection and get these added back onto your account. I will send this over in a moment for you, please look out for it.

Regards

Steven_L 

jshe
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller display not working since repair fixed

I've got the exact same problem but now even C S just say someone will rang me back but never do. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Andypetuk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller display not working since repair fixed

Once Steven from the Forum Team got on to this, it was solved very quickly.

I hope someone can do the same for you.

Not sure why CS can't do this in the first place.
0 Kudos
ErrolQuinch
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I had my landline fixed a few weeks back, no ringtone.

Shortly after we realised that 1471, caller ID and 150 don't work anymore.

Trying to find the online web chat on the VM website is impossible, I sign in, which takes me to my account page, then click "help", which signs me out, so I sign in, which takes me to my account page.

We're having severe difficulties with dementia in the family, which means we have to unplug the landline regularly if we don't want constant calls. So it's taken weeks for me to get around to this.

Could someone please check this issue out?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ErrolQuinch,

I do apologise for any difficulty you've had with your landline service or getting help with this issue. Just to clarify, going to the help page once you've logged in doesn't actually sign you out. I know you're given the "sign in" option again at the top of the page, but you should actually still be logged in and able to use any functions which require access to your online account. I appreciate that it's a frustrating anomaly, unfortunately I've passed this on before but not received any explanation as to why it happens.

Regardless of this, I'd be happy to take a look at restoring these call features for you. It was probably a simple case of the engineer forgetting to reset them on the switch after completing the repair. It should be an easy fix, we'll just need to clear account security. I'll send you a private message now to confirm the relevant information, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos