Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1471 and 1571 not working since line repair

1471 not working since phone line repaired days ago. Tried 151 and have now given up. Now I've discovered that 1571 doesn't work - by ringing my number and it just kept ringing so never went to the 1571 system.  I can't face ringing and going through the whole procedure again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 and 1571 not working since line repair

Hi gillwell,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the phone issues. We've ran some tests here and both should be working now. Please can you check for me and let me know?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. There is an intermittent dial tone all the time. 1471 is working - hooray! The 2nd time I tried to leave a message the ring did stop and I could leave a message. When I tried to pick it up the dial tone changed to 1 long and 2 short tones, but the message worked. Now the dial tone is back to intermittent long tones.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for that information. 

Can you also confirm if you're able to make calls from the phone? If so does the call disconnect at any point? If it does disconnect how long does it take before disconnecting? What is the quality of the call?

Can you call your landline from a Mobile to see if the call connects? If it does what is the quality?

^Martin

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.  Calls from landlines and mobiles now appear to be working for 1471, 1571 and speaking to caller. It has taken a while to test as few people use landlines now, but helpful friends went through the resetting? process and can now get through. I just hope and assume it will work first time for everyone now.  Calls out are now working well.  Will the broken dial tone now be constant once this resetting is ended?  Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi There @gillwell, Could you give it another try (calling 1471, 1571)  And see if you still get the broken dial tone. 

||ZM 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M

Yes, the broken dial tone is still there after ringing them and my mobile.

Gillwell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response gillwell

This will require a technician's appointment and I've booked this in for you

I'll drop you a PM to advise you when this will be

Kindest regards,