Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1471/1471 calls

I have been using 1471 and 14713 for many years .  I did not realise that 14713 calls are chargeable.  I have only only just discovered why I have had a few additional charges on my bill every month with no explanation as to what these are for and have been told these are for 14713 calls .   Having looked carefully on  the virgin phone charges site it states that 1471 calls are free but there is nothing about 14713 calls are chargeable .   Is this just an old service ? Surely this should be also clear on bills!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471/1471 calls

Here's the information from Page 2 of the call costs PDF documents which detail all charges from your home phone. This is a link to the current latest PDF from April 2020:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

In the table

1471 Last Calling Number<> Free

Then in the footer of the page:

<> Calling 1471 is free, but if you choose to return the calls (that's Option 3) you will be charged 19.2p, in addition to your call charges - just listen to the announcement carefully.

And here's information on the feature from the phone user guide (Page 18) that's available from this help page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-features

Last Calling number
Dial 1471 to find out the last number that called you,
and press 3 if you want to call them back straight away.
There may be a charge for returning a call so listen to
the announcement carefully

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471/1471 calls

Thanks for your reply...the small print about 14713 charges needs to be a bit bigger!!!!

The additional costs I  have been paying for every month would have been avoidable if I had known this. 

The  explanation for extra charges on my  bill should be clearer. i spent two and a half hours on line finding out they were for 14713 calls   What a waste of time!!!

0 Kudos