Menu
AndyGroz1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

11 second delay before call connects

Hi,

My parents are both in their 80’s and are trying to get a fix for an issue on their phone line whereby, after dialling a number, there is an 11 second delay before the call connects and starts to ring. I timed it on my own phone (Sky) and it’s 2 seconds before connection.

They do not have an online account and they can’t get through to speak to anyone on the numbers given. They are getting quite stressed over the issue - how do they raise this and try and access an engineer to come out and fix pls ?

Is there a number for elderly customers who do are not internet savvy and do not have access to the online accounts ?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 11 second delay before call connects

Thanks for the post AndyGroz1973 and welcome to our community.

If you're aware of the details to pass initial security we can do so with yourself in a private message, otherwise they can call on 150/0345 454 1111, text us on 0753 305 1809 or alternatively they can make a forum community profile and post a thread so we can help over here in a private message.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
AndyGroz1973
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the quick reply. They have given me a Password which they were asked to set-up when they took out the new contract and I obviously have all their personal details if needed.

They told me they called the number ending 1111 but they can’t find a way to speak to anyone and they are too old to use the text message service unfortunately.

How do we proceed on a Private Message please and I will provide their security details ?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No problem I'll pop you over a private message now.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos