Menu
BAGGIES29
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0345 number

Over the last 10 days or so I have been experiencing problems contacting my telephone banking service on usual 0345 number. I cannot proceed with usual automated route and eventually get transferred to an agent which can take an eternity. Every time I get this fire I can hear the agent talking but they never hear me and eventually cancel the call! 

This does not happen when I use my mobile and I have also been able to get through on someone else's landline. I rang Virgin last night and after a long wait got to speak to a lady in the Philippines who, after a long and eventually futile conversation as she clearly did not understand the problem I was having, rather rudely just cut me off.

I rang Virgin again today and this time spoke to a guy in the UK. After more than an hour on the phone he diagnosed an error LS03 and said he would have to transfer me to the department which could deal with the problem.

Enter the Philippines again and a young lady who informed me I didn't have any money outstanding to pay on my account!!! After outlining for the 3rd time the nature of my complaint she said she would transfer me to the relevant dept. After another 15 minutes of dross music and no hair left to tear out I simply lost the will and hung up.

Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0345 number

Hi BAGGIES29,

I'm sorry to hear about your landline issue and that our agents have not been able to help so far. Can I ask whether it's just the one number that this happens and does it happen when you call other Non-Geographic numbers and geographic numbers? Can you also confirm whether apart from them not able to hear you, does the automated system recognise any keypad input at all?

Sorry for the questions but I'm trying to get a better understanding so we can check the landline routing.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
BAGGIES29
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa 

This only happens with one number and any keypad input is ignored until automated system attempts to connect you to an adviser.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It does sound like their system is not capturing your number. Are you able to try a different 0345 number from the same bank as a test? Is there one on their contacts page to see if the keypad input registers? 

I'm trying to see if it's an issue at our end but also if it's the routing on the Non Geographic number on their platform. We can check your landline details here but we may need you to speak to the bank and ask them to check on their end too as the routing isn't correct somewhere.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
BAGGIES29
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for running checks. 

I will try different 0345 number when I can and post response.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please do and can you jot the date and times and what happens exactly with calls and the system inputs. We'll then grab the details in a Private Message to check on our side and ask our IT Team to check deeper into the routing also.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
BAGGIES29
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to update you Lisa 

Bank have been in touch to say they are investigating but may take a few days due to holidays etc. Still not working. Will be back in touch if they can't solve problem.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BAGGIES29,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update, we will be here for when you have more info about this issue 🙂

Please let us know when you're ready to have further help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos