Menu
Bigbadjam
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia email rejected by Epic games

Hi there,

I have an issue with a headless fortnite account. I've set up a virginmedia email address to associate it with, but epic games are refusing it. they can't tell me if this is just a timing issue, with the email address only set up this morning. The only option they seem to be able to suggest is setting up an email address with another provider, so it's frustrating they aren't recognising the one via my broadband provider.

Has anyone else experienced this and got round it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bigbadjam
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: virginmedia email rejected by Epic games

How do I bring this to the attention of virginmedia? I wanted to make them aware that their emails aren't being recognised by Epic Games. But there seems to be no way of contacting a virginmedia customer service rep. Can anyone help me please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The VM forum staff will get around to the post within a week, beaware that they are going to need further information, like why are Epic not recognizing or refusing the email address, ultimately if Epic are refusing it it would be down to Epic to resolve the problem.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

what do you mean by rejecting?
0 Kudos
Bigbadjam
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can't use the virginmedia email address I created that morning to a headless epic games account I have. I know the email address works because I tested it. The explanation I got didn't clarify why they wouldn't recognise my email address. I've pasted the explanation I got below.

Epic Games Player Support April 19, 10:54 GMT

Hi there,

I know it can be frustrated not able to proceed with the email. However, it is shown on our system which the email is not usable, I hope you can understand as Player Support, we are not able to provide additional information on this because I have no tools or visibility over the email system. 

In order for me to continue assisting you to complete the process so your daughter can continue progression, we recommend maybe you can create a new email address and provide us so I can help you upgrade the account. 

You can also complete the process of upgrade the Nameless account with the instruction inside here: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accounts-c74/general-support-c79/how-do-i-upgrade-a-consol...

I hope you can understand it was never our intention to let you feel unvalued. 
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

they will need to give you more info then that to get any help.

they have basically said its not working and we won't tell you why. So there is nothing anyone here or at VM can do without knowing the problem
0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps Epic Games don't recognise the VM domain as a valid email, or it's on their block list, like some sites won't allow you use temporary email domains.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node
0 Kudos
ToffeeSurprise
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I would suspect Epic are only whitelisting certain domains for use with accounts to reduce spam / hacking / fraudulent accounts. As long as your email account can receive and send email, it's working fine, and the issue would be at Epic's end with nothing VM can do.

They're probably restricting email sign ups to the normal domains most use like Gmail etc, and as an American company they might have whitelisted some of the bigger ISPs.

0 Kudos
Bigbadjam
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding and I don't disagree with you. However, it still really annoys me - that they have deemed virginmedia to not be a reputable email domain name then. I admit I am old-fashioned but I don't want to have countless emails. I think it's shocking that they treat virginmedia customers this way.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to suggest the obvious, but are you certain the email address hasn't been mis-spelled?

0 Kudos