Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 71 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Re: ps4 lag spikes from mid december

Been playing warzone when i haven't been lagging too much in the daytime.  I give the evenings a miss because of lag and only good time to play is through the am hours of the morning but no friends are on at these times.

I could have had more wins and a better kd ratio if it wasn't for these issues 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 72 of 184
Flag for a moderator

The peak hours have expanded over recent weeks given the current situation, there will be more congestion as people who are usually at work may now be working from home, kids off school etc

This may explain why the evenings are worse connection wise given the additional usage. It may even out later on in the evening after 10pm but as you said you're relying on friends being on as solo Warzone can be tough. But maybe thats just me :S

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 73 of 184
Flag for a moderator

I haven't really bothered with solo.

I have a query regarding a comment i made about gadget rescue before the lockdown. 

The first guy i spoken to actually gotten my ping to a nice stable level during the day by making changes on his end but obviously i still had spikes during the evenings. 

The second guy made it so much worse that i ended the remote access and ended up posting here.

So once this area issue is fixed, which should hopefully fix the spikes at least, am i going to need to have gadget rescue do changes on their end to go back to a smooth and stable ping? Or can another department deal with latency?

If i do have to deal with gadget rescue again will i have to pay the sign up and extra monthly fees?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 74 of 184
Flag for a moderator

From what you have advised in regards to the ping and lag spikes once the area issue has been resolved you shouldn't notice these going forward. They may still happen during peak hours but not to the frequency you seem to be getting them during this period.

We obviously can't guarantee you won't get them from time to time as that is beyond our control but there shouldn't need to be any need for gadget rescue to make any changes.

Out of curiosity, did they explain the changes they made the first time that you spoke to them?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 75 of 184
Flag for a moderator

No. Just said we've made changes on our end.

I'm not totally sure the second guy knew what he was doing. 

According to him 150ms ping is the average for gaming 😂

They both accessed my router and activated port forwarding and dmz at the same time which seemed strange to me.

I have tried both options myself previously, not simultaneously, but my nat type is always open anyway so would that make a difference? Upnp usually opens the 3074 port for me with using the other options. 

So i am worried that should i decide to stay and the area issue has been fixed that my connection won't be as stable as it should be

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 184
Flag for a moderator

The fault ticket is F008013004 for congestion and the estimated fix time is still 29/05. I'm sorry about the wait time but some faults, depending on the complexity, can take a little longer for us to fix as we may be waiting for traffic management or planning permission as examples and we thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 77 of 184
Flag for a moderator

It is good to know that the date hasn't changed yet but my guess is it will move a few times by the time this nightmare is over....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 78 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone please confirm the area issue is still going to fixed on the 29th or has it been pushed back yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 79 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us for the update.

I'll include the information we have for this below: 

Reference: F008013004
Estimated Repair Date: 29 MAY 2020 12:00
Description: Congestion

Thank you, Emily.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 80 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily 

0 Kudos