Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 31 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Re: ps4 lag spikes from mid december

I have spoken to another customer on reddit who has the same issues and he has an engineer out to fix his today.

I'm not sure how he has managed to get his sorted out and I get told I have to wait for the pandemic to blow over

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 32 of 184
Flag for a moderator

U should be entitled to the engineer ive had 2 visits and stil complete rubbish. December mines been going on 4. Logged all my bqms bad packet losses and super slow internet. Its virgins fault for the issue they say congestion? Then why sell it out and knowing its not going to cope? I get the current situation isnt great with the virus but virgin have shut the complaint forms online you have no1 to talk to apart from moderators or call if u want to wait 3hours and get hung up on. Ive saved every conversation as of late with diff team members online etc. Wrote down tech wordings and every single conversation has been totaly different some rubbish and some veryuseful info that members have been honest with me and said its vm. Issue(oh 2nd engineer didnt give me paperwork which i think isnt right) my broadband been super slow for about a month 3 days consecutive and the bad lags would be coming soon fornthe 30day window so if they dont want to fix it then the contracts breached. Even after 3days it is. Virgin cant use the corona as a get out clause either cos thats notnin contract that we both agreed to. So theoretically virgin are going to lose a shed load of its customers inc me if its not sorted very very soon and 4 months later wow! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 33 of 184
Flag for a moderator

This at ur end though chris. Out of our control but yours. We dont pay for half rate services we pay premium virgin media the number 1 for broadband? If we get half we dont pay premium prices. Contracts torn or halved. Do virgin media say during weekdays tje 90% go work so internet is useable during day and by night ur internet is ruined again mwuhahaha that doesnt add up its been happening since dec to us both and you got me an engineer out 14hours from my online query. Quick to say congestion but its your sides easy route to go get out of it. Im. Not havin a pop chris 1 i get u have protocols and u follow as a paying customer youd be the same just cos you work there does not mean u agree. I know i Work in motor trade same rubbish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 34 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Any news on when this is going to be sorted out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 35 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone from the forum team give an update on when this will be sorted out? 

This has been going on for 4 months, will it be another 4 months?

My bill is due in a couple of weeks and i don't think i should have to pay for a service that is not fit for my intended use (online gaming) for so long now.

This is unacceptable from a big company like Virgin Media and staying silent doesn't help anyone of these forums.

For future reference the infrastructure should be upgraded to cater for more customers being added which would avoid these issues. 

The offshore call centre staff should take a course in latency and packet loss issues instead of sending out new hubs, tech visits and being scammed into signing up to Gadget Rescue when the problem is out on the street.

Any update would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 36 of 184
Flag for a moderator

i have just got the next bill today and gadget rescue charges are still on it even though i was told by the billing team that they would be removed

why should i pay them charges when the problem wasn't even my device?

it is bad enough that i am paying for a service that is unusable for what i want to mainly use it for and i get slapped with charges i shouldn't have in the first place

what is wrong with this company?

obviously i can't get through to the billing team right now so can someone please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 184
Flag for a moderator

After 8 weeks you can submit your complaint to a 3rd party for resolution:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 38 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Hi parr86lid2,

Sorry that you've had gadget rescue charges added to your bill again. It sounds like this needs to be removed from your account. 

We're unable to do that from here, so please get in touch with Gadget rescue on 0800 014 7398 and they will ensure this is done for you.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 39 of 184
Flag for a moderator

dvanced thanks mate i'll check that out later

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 40 of 184
Flag for a moderator

thanks melissa

i am currently on hold.

like i said in the previous post, i was told that the charges were dropped and i
should have never been referred to gadget rescue in the first place.

the offshore call center staff need a course in latency and packet to avoid others being forced to sign up
0 Kudos