Inkedcce0e10caf067e514fa9b997f4303ec9d91a8da9-25-03-2020_LI.jpg

Apparently this is an acceptable service from Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 23 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Re: ps4 lag spikes from mid december

I have spoken to a guy on Reddit who apperently works for VM and he says it is clearly not an issue with my ps4 or hub 3.

Can i request an engineer to come out and test the line from the cabinet to the omni box? I'm not sure why no one had suggested something like this already.

This is the last resort for getting this sorted and after 20 years of being a customer, I will have no option but to leave as I am not happy with the service I am paying for.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Hi parr86lid2, we have had an engineer in the area and it was found that you are in an area of high congestion and this is causing the lag spikes. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 25 of 184
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

thanks for the reply 

I am glad that the issue is finally being noticed.

Do you know when this will be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 184
Flag for a moderator

We are unable to provide a fix time at present due to the current situation ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 27 of 184
Flag for a moderator

okay chris thanks.

It is not quite the answer i was hoping for but given the circumstances there is not much i can do about it.

I assume this could be a while considering how long it has taken to acknowledge it

Will i get notified when someone knows it is going to be sorted out?

Also, am i entitled to a reduced bill considering things are not up to standard?

thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 184
Flag for a moderator

There is alot of people working from home at the moment and this is causing congestion on the network. We would only credit back as per the Ofcom loss of service guidelines ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 29 of 184
Flag for a moderator

I think ur being a little too kind. Nowt wrong with that but i assure you my friend like u said u had this mid dec. Ive had it at beggining dec. The pandemic n everyone staying home did not happen in dec jan feb. Ive had a tech come in jan and did not fix the issue my upstream was very very high. He didnt fix a thing. Few days later im getting angry again today 26.3.20 engineer that the vm man who is responding to you now organised a tech for me tbf to him next day i gt a call out. Engineer came spent a good while aswell. Tinkered this tinkered that. Oh yeah ur upstream is too high. So he lowers it and guess what i now have to have a booster plugged in my wall so really vm cant cope with fixing n now more power consuming devices have to fitted to my leccy bill? Power levels ok but my results for my checks are beyond shocking my games were unplayable but now whatever is done today has completely wrote off any game play. It was bad b4 but my gosh its now completely ruined to the point whole gameplay doesnt exist. Virgin media will not fix this at this time they have an excuse for tge current pandemic. But u can count on this none of ur online/people u know friends have ur issue. Ive sooke to a few neighbours all good 4 them and i live 40yards from box

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 30 of 184
Flag for a moderator

lukescully you're right mate i were being too kind. I don't think it would matter either way

It taken 10 days of me posting BQMs, saying it is down to congestion and being told there is nothing wrong to finally get someone to admit there is a problem. So how long will it take to get this sorted out? weeks? months? next year?

It is my own fault for thinking the issue will blow over and only contacting virgin by phone 3 weeks ago and then this forum. now like you said they can use the pandemic as an excuse to not do anything about it

Don't get me started with the offshore call centre and 'gadget rescue'. what a waste of time they were

I don't see why someone can't come and sort this out. What are these engineers being payed for?

No doubt I am expected to pay the full price of the bill while I am waiting around for this to be fixed as i would guess latency and packet loss issues do not breach ofcoms rules. I will have to look into that

As for online gaming right now, which is the main reason i have broadband, i have given up on it because i am fed of teleporting in all directions and lack the ability to even walk through a door so i don't see the point of playing.

Like you said none of the lads online have this issue

The most annoying part for me at least is being invited to a game or sent a message every day asking have they fixed it yet. hahaha next joke

I really hope Virgin get their acts together quickly because I am not waiting around forever and other guys on these forums shouldn't have to either
0 Kudos