Menu
Merkzilla
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

latency and packet loss

Dreadful in game internet performance and even on chat (discord). Literally cannot play any form of online gaming because of the lag issues. I have called Virgin for the last 2 months about 6 times now and even upgraded our speeds 2 weeks ago from 100Mbs to 350Mbs service and still having the same issues.

Looking to maybe leave and find another reliable provider.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: latency and packet loss

@Merkzilla wrote:

Dreadful in game internet performance and even on chat (discord). Literally cannot play any form of online gaming because of the lag issues. I have called Virgin for the last 2 months about 6 times now and even upgraded our speeds 2 weeks ago from 100Mbs to 350Mbs service and still having the same issues.  Looking to maybe leave and find another reliable provider.

Upgrading wasn't the best move - buying more bandwidth has no impact on gaming latency, and for gaming bandwidth you only need around 5 Mbps.  And now you're in another 18 month fixed term contract.  If you're still just within the 14 day cooling off period, I'd say phone up and cancel the upgrade now.

As for the nature and solution, we'd need a better picture of what's going on.  And that means setting up a BQM, and letting it run for 24 hours, and then posting a link  to a  shared graph (not a screenshot).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos