Menu
spookyvrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

iRacing Latency and quality issues.

Hi everyone,

This isn't just limited to iRacing, but happens in Rocket League and COD too on my PC. I get extreme ping and latency issues, my Ping to the iRacing servers is around 230, and my Quality barely ever gets over 50.

Currently using 1000mbps rated Powerline adapters with Cat6 Cables. I never had any of these issues on my old Sky 30MBPS contract, but since switching over, it's been a nightmare.

I'm now getting tired of spending money on new powerline adapters, Cat6 Cabling etc.

I'm in NN17, is anyone aware of any issues in the area, lockdown is really getting to me, and now i can't even game to try and get away from it. Please help me.

Note: I'm on the Superhub 3.0, and my Gaming PC doesn't have WiFi.

0 Kudos
robsmith1993
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: iRacing Latency and quality issues.

I am in NN16 and having the same issues, high latency making warzone and other online games unplayable. I had a new router come today to see if that would fix anything and that didn't work, tried port forwarding and a bunch of other stuff but nothing changed. I have a friend who lives 2 doors down from me who is on virgin but has no issues so im really struggling to find the root cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi robsmith1993,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response. Are you still having connection issues? Remote diagnostics isn't showing any issues.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Clayton04r
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

• I am in NN14 and having exactly the same issues. I am mainly on iracing too. I have tried everything to try and fix but can't get anywhere either
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
thyboar
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am also in NN14 and have connection quality issues with iRacing with regular dropped packets causing my car to constantly blink in and out during online sessions. My computer is connected directly to the router with a cable so I know it is not wifi related. I also tried upgrading to the Superhub 3.0 but it made no difference. Is there a known problem in our area?

0 Kudos
Clayton04r
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been on the phone with them again today after being told it will be fixed by the 21st jan then  being told it will be fixed by 26th jan at 9am. 

They are now saying the 9th of Feb. Can't help feeling were being messed about abit here

0 Kudos
thyboar
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update. NN14 covers a wide area though so it might not even be the same fault.

I have been using a tethered 4G connection as a workaround in iRacing and it is actually pretty good. It is totally ridiculous though that a mobile connection should be more reliable than cable!

0 Kudos