Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Xperia 10 and playstation plus subscription

Hi all

I too bought the xperia 10 and playstation fortnite bundle back on the 14 September for a christmas present for my son.

Now when I tried to redeem the free 12 month playstation plus subscription the webpage is blank.

I've tried the xperia lounge app but that's not supported either  I've raised a ticket with Playstation but they've told me to contact Virgin Media to sort out how I'm able to get this 12 month voucher reimbursed.

I can post my sons phone and you can check that it was only activated Christmas day as was the playstation opened on that day. 

No one had told me I had to redeem the subscription before a certain date. The fortnite code worked for the skin after he had opened his presents so I presumed the 12 month subscription would also be from when the playstation was activated.

Please please help.

Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xperia 10 and playstation plus subscription

Any customer support reading this yet?

My reply from Sony playstation 

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your email to PlayStation Support regarding your voucher.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

The phone you have purchased, where the voucher has been processed from, is the retailer. The place you are trying to redeem the voucher on might be another website, but not affiliated with PlayStation. Therefore you need the retailer to help you out on this case, as this is a retailer phone-voucher bundle, and that is something they provide on behalf of them and their customers and not on behalf of Sony.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions please contact PlayStation Support by using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Absolute joke just been onto sales for 27mins trying to get a resolution or my bill credited for the price of the plus then the operator cuts me off with no conversation.

Great service Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So 

Been offered £20 compensation so far instead of the cost of the playstaion plus price.

The operator couldn't speak to his manager so has opened a complaint case and I'm expecting a call back within 2hours. Another 24mins on the phone.

Now I dont want the earth just fairness with other customers who have also bought this deal. I wasn't told there was a finite time limit to redeem by only that the pack came with a fortnite code and 12 month plus subscription.

The operator has said if no resolution I'll have to write a letter to be adjudicated by a third party!

All I would like is what I'm paying for!!

Case number ref com103905187.

Fingers crossed heres waiting for the phone call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the posts on our Community Forums Foxster1.

Do please let us know how you get along with the agent who's going to call you back

Please be advised that if this goes to deadlock with a manager, or you accept a resolution with the sales agent, we wouldn't be able to take any further action with your compliant

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks David

Still no call back yet, would you be able to have a look into the case now for me please?

I can post any details you might need, I'm just so frustrated at this point.

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response,

As you've advised that you're due a call back I would advise waiting for this call to come through to you as this will be in the name of the call handler

If you don't receive a call by the end of the day, we will seek to look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay thank you David

However if I the call back manager cannot settle this how can you then look into it for me?

I have more confidence in a resolution from yourselves by reading the posts on this forum that I've had from two agents so far....

I believe you already have a good grasp on what has happened with this voucher code than I can express to the agents in the call centre, and if I cannot get the callback manager/supervisor to understand then it looks like it will be off to third party adjudication because you've already stated you will not be able to look into any further.

Totally disappointed that someone who might be able to sort this in a few minutes yourself cannot and I have to wait for a call who probably wont understand the frustrations of a customer.

Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alan, 

The manager will seek to resolve this or send you a deadlock letter to then take to Cisas and Ofcom

If the manager does not call you back, we will seek to investigate, by attempting to get the call back organised, if this is still not possible then our Forum team will be able to take this on for you

We wouldn't be able to have a situation where multiple members of staff are dealing with the same complaint 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay I totally understand

Thank you

Fingers crossed though

Alan