Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox series s has seemingly caused an issue

Got a new xbox series S today and I've hooked it up to my router with a cat 6 cable. I've then turned it off and gone onto the playstation 4 and went into a party with a friend and almost instantly got booted out of the party this Is the first time this has happened. This isn't a playstation fault it was my end. After I got kicked I was only getting 20mb download where as I usually get between 200 and 300. I've had to reset my Internet to seemingly get it back to normal. Any ideas what this could be? Does the xbox still use alot of bandwidth as its closing down that would take away from my ps4?

I then went into a game fortnite and my. Latency just went through the roof and I got kicked from the game. I've unplugged the xbox ethernet from the router and that seems to of done the trick. So whats going on? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox series S may of fried my Internet

Got a new xbox series S today and I've hooked it up to my router with a cat 6 cable. I've then turned it off and gone onto the playstation 4 and went into a party with a friend and almost instantly got booted out of the party this Is the first time this has happened. This isn't a playstation fault it was my end. After I got kicked I was only getting 20mb download where as I usually get between 200 and 300. I've had to reset my Internet to seemingly get it back to normal. Any ideas what this could be? Does the xbox still use alot of bandwidth as its closing down that would take away from my ps4? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox series S may of fried my Internet

Looks like a number of us are getting this so is looking like a problem Virgin's end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Has this exact same thing happened to you aswell? I've had to unplug the xbox from the router in the hope I can play my ps without interruption

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally my speed has returned to normal - I'll check with the road as a lot of us have Virgin too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mine wasn't only to do with speed it was brought on by the xbox series s? Do you have an xbox series s that this is happening with? 

0 Kudos