Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one keeps disconnecting every few minutes

I am using an xbox one x. 

I have not had issues before but over the lazy 4/5 weeks I been getting disconnected from xbox live every few minutes .

I will join a game and then get disconnected, I'll be posting a game offline and xbox will disconnect. 

I had spoken with virgin customer service and they said there was a fault in my area but the online service report says there are no issues, the online checker says no problems and when I ring the service/fault line and give my post code it says there are no faults in my area.

Now I was simply resigned to the fact my internet was broken and wouldn't be repaired for another 2 months (3 months in total, although I'm still being charged for it)

The thing is I have just signed up to a pc streaming service a bit like Google stadia and this measures any packet loss or interrupted data. Now I've begging running this the last couple of days for and hour or two at a time and it's not getting any data loss or interrupted data. Also while streaming from the remote pc I do not get disconnected from xbox live at all. 

So I'd like to know if anyone can tell our find out if there is actually a fault in my area and if this is actually causing the issue in having.

Why am I able to not get disconnected from  xbox while I'm remote streaming from another pc. But I get disconnected every few minutes when using the Internet just for the xbox

Is really like to get to the bottom of this

Someone please help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Hi, 

It happens if connected by ethernet cable or wireless. 

0 Kudos