Menu
thisisnathaniel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one X - Ethernet Connection Packet loss

Hi Guys.

I have virgin medias biggest Broadband bundle (600mbs Fibre - HUB 3)

So, for about the last month, I have been experience game lag (it looks like frame drops, but it cant be as I am on a Xbox one X console).

I run all tests on my xbox, Connection speeds, downloads etc. And the results are always good! 300mbs download/40 upload etc.

I have ran the automated test 3 time and even lets the robot on the phone run it! and yet still no luck.

I have been with virgin for over 2 years now and this is the first experience i have had with this issue.

I play alot of rainbow 6 for example, and on EU servers my ping should be and used to be 9 - now it will sit at 30 and bounce to over 200 making my game unplayable.

Same for APEX and Call of duty. Could this possibly be a HUB issue? can anyone help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
addzy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one X - Ethernet Connection Packet loss

Welcome to Virgin Media. Where any kind of gaming is impossible.

I've been tethering from my phone's 4G for the last few months. Virgin continue to provide bogus "fix" dates and have done so for the past few months, nothing has changed.

They've oversold their service, and don't care once they have you under contract as long as they deliver the promised speeds nothing will be done.

Many others are having the same issue, i'd start looking for another ISP immediately if I were you...

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @thisisnathaniel,

Welcome back to our Community! Thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues while gaming.

Can you tell me if your gaming console is connected via WiFi or Wired connection?

Wired is preferred for better gaming performance. 

Please let us know if you've tried this and if this resolved your issue.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thisisnathaniel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Sorry. I am wired into my xbox.

I got through to tech support and they seem to think due to network loads is why it is happening and stated that it will be fixed by the 15tb.

I've also upgraded to a 1gb line and got my new super hub coming tomorrow. Hopefully should be fixed by Monday.

Don't know why I didn't think to use my 5G phone wifi! I'll give that a shot until Monday.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thisisnathaniel, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking your account, I can see your new Hub is all up and running. There is a fault open that may affect you though. The details of that are here: 
Fault reference number: F008778874
Estimated fix time: 29 MAR 2021 13:15
Description: We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.
I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 
If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

thisisnathaniel
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

I guess there is nothing I can do but wait. It's really disappointing that the guy that sold me the 1gb Line - stated it would be fixed on the 15th.

I guess I will have to wait till the 29th.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for sticking with us on this one thisisnathaniel. 

I understand it is frustrating when a fault resolution time is extended. We do work hard to get any fault fixed as soon as possible but the fix times are only estimates and can change depending on the nature of the work. 

Fingers crossed things will be resolved soon for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos