Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one - 5ghz problem

I recently bought the virgin hub 3.0. All my devices connect to 5ghz except my xbox one and netgear range extender. Is there a way to fix this - mainly for xbox as the range extender might not even support 5ghz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one - 5ghz problem

Thank you for your post Kian9910 and welcome to our community.

Could we please confirm if you're able to connect the Xbox through an ethernet connection? As we recommend this for the most stable connection possible.

In regards to your 5Ghz connection, if all of your devices are on one channel this could then slow the 5Ghz channel down and you'll experience some issues as it can only handle so many connections depending on what broadband speed you're subscribed to. For the best WiFi usage you can connect devices further away from the Hub to the 2.4Ghz connection and devices closer to the Hub to the 5Ghz connection. 

I'll also include some links to our WiFi Help page and our WiFi Forum page which may offer further tips to help your connections.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one - 5ghz problem

To connect your Xbox one to the 5ghz channel the 2.4ghz ssid and 5ghz ssid need to be different.

Navigate to advanced settings > wireless > security.

Change 5ghz channel name only. Simply adding “-5G” on the end of the default name will work.

Your Xbox one will now be able to find the 5ghz channel.
0 Kudos