Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox disconnecting

I am unable to finish a single match of call of duty because my connection keeps dropping every few minutes with the usual message "You must have an active Xbox live connection to play online" the issue started a few weeks ago but has now progressed to the level where I haven't been able to stay connected long enough to play a single match for 3 days. The disconnect only affects my Xbox, all other devices connected to the router have no issue with connectivity whatsoever. my Xbox is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable so I can't seem to figure out where the issue is coming from, the disconnect only last a minute at most but it's enough to kick me out the game consistently & ruin my day. Any help would be greatly appreciated  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox disconnecting

Do you rely on UPNP or have you manually setup port forwarding?

I'd suggest trying to disable UPNP on the HUB, give your XBOX a static IP, and also setup port forwarding based on the below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026770/xbox-open-these-network-ports-for-xbox-one 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. So yeah I hadn't set this up but I have done so now, I added a static Ip & forwarded the ports on my router all emboldened this would sort my issue I jumped on for some war zone & then got kicked to the curb 10minutes in to my first game. So it's the same issue no change sadly 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm did you disable UPNP?

0 Kudos