sallycookies
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox disconnecting - cable? Router?

Hi

Hi

My Xbox One connection drops out a lot.

I'm hardwired to the router (Virgin Hub 3.0) with a 20m CAT6 cable. I've got approx 150Mbps download at the router (done a speed test) and approx 250-350Mbps at the Xbox (this seems weird to be faster than the router!?). 

I've just read previous posts on here with similar problems. I have just started a BQM and will have 24 hrs of data tomorrow at 7pm.

All help appreciated. Is my router out of date? Prob had it 3 yrs or so.

Thanks

Sal

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox disconnecting - cable? Router?

Hi there @sallycookies,

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums.   

Sorry that you seem to be having some drop outs recently - does this happen on just the games console or on all devices connected?

Great that you have started a BQM - this will really show us if the internet is dropping out or if it's an issue with the console/connection to the console.

I've been able to locate your account from your forum information and have had a quick look at your connection. It's been around 8 days since your last reboot. We have no area issues listed, no errors showing and your signal levels all seem to be where we would like them for your package. 

Pop back with your BQM and the answers to our questions and we'll go from there 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos