cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Series X - Port Forwarding (Call of Duty)

JarrenTrethowan
Tuning in

Afternoon!

Fairly new to Virgin Broadband, signed up in November.

Only issue I am having seems to be with gaming and Call of Duty Vanguard in particular where the NAT type is Moderate (The Xbox itself says it is Open)

Now I understand Port Forwarding could potentially fix this and I have located where I need to do this however I am confused with what I need to enter in the fields.

After some research on Xbox and Call of Duty the ports I need are:

Ports for Xbox – 53, 3074, 53, 88, 500, 3544, 4500

I am unsure how to fill in the following fields (From what I have read 3074 is both protocols and the remaining UDP) 

Local Start Port:

Local End Port:

External Start Port:

External End Port:

Protocol:

Enabled: Yes

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Portforward.com is a good website for this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Madgaskell
Joining in

I have tried from when the game first came out opened all ports and still says moderate.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Madgaskell wrote:

I have tried from when the game first came out opened all ports and still says moderate.

Did you have a look at the website Portforward.com?  It has screenshots of the settings for most games, and has details for VM Hubs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Spoiler
Spoiler

Thanks - going to give this a go today

Yes guess just a bug in the game has lots of people have same issue.

Hi there @JarrenTrethowan

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issues with your gaming! 

We're you able to try the advise given by @Adduxi? How are things now?

Thank you.

Hello,

Unfortunately it didn't work, my actual Xbox says the NAT type is Open so I think this is very much a Call Of Duty issue itself, there are a number of errors with the game. I will just leave it for now and hopefully they'll fix it. 

Thanks

Ethanburb
Joining in

The moderate type is an issue with cod not your network it us unknown to why it stays moderate people advise port forwarding  but it wont make a difference to the nat type as it is a call of duty issue as stated on the website