Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox/PC Destiny 2 kicked after every 2 hours

OK since getting Virgin Media in August I get kicked from the game pretty much every 2 hrs give or take a couple mins. I can usually call it before it happens.

This happens on bother console and PC, To start with I stuck with testing via the Xbox to see if I could resolve it.

This happened with the superhub so I picked up a net gear nighthawk R7000P router and dropped the superhub into modem mode.

That didn’t help. I’ve read up a few things and disabled SIP ALG and also changed NAT filtering to open, again no luck.

I have now also assigned the console a static IP and gone through the port Forwarding for destiny 2 on Xbox but still... I am getting kicked (weasel error) at 2 hours of play time. 

Nothing else appears to disconnect and party chat is still working, I’m just booted to the title screen and then I go back in.

This has to be a virgin connection issue, I was previously with Sky and never encountered an issue like this.

Completely out of ideas now... can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox/PC Destiny 2 kicked after every 2 hours

Sorry forgot to mention, on a wired connection.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kicked from games after every 2 hours

I’ve posted this in the gaming section but I’m not sure it’s gaming related exactly.

I’m in a wired connection and I mainly play Destiny 2 and since getting Virgin Media (August 2020) I get kicked from the game every 2 hours, back to title screen. nothing else has disconnected, party chat still connected etc..

I had read that the superhub wasn’t particularly great so I picked up a Netgear nighthawk R7000P and... same issue. 

Both PC and Xbox kick me from the game every 2 hours with the weasel error.

I’ve recently investigated a few settings on my router and disabled SIP ALG and also set NAT Filtering to Open, I’ve started testing with the Xbox first and giving that a static IP and also added port forwarding rules in with no luck at all.

This has to be virgin related, I was with Sky prior to this for 5 years and never got an issue like this at all.

Any help would be appreciated as this is getting frustrating now, I can literally call it to the minute when I’m going to get disconnected from the game.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kicked from games after every 2 hours

@DannyW85 wrote:

Please stick to one thread.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kicked from games after every 2 hours

Sorry, just getting frustrated with this issue

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox/PC Destiny 2 kicked after every 2 hours

I appear to have fixed this by enabling dynamic quality of service on my Netgear Nighthawk router.

0 Kudos