Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One Modern Warfare Problems.

I am struggling to stay online playing modern warfare for more than around 5minutes before it disconnects me from Xbox Live. The error message that appears is "you just have an active network connection to play Xbox Live matches" it is nothing to do with my actual WiFi connection as nothing else drops out when this error occurs (TV, mobile phone etc.) this occurs on a regular basis now meaning I have to wait for around a minute - two minutes to get back online again. I have spoken to xbox support and they have advised me it may be something to do with the ports on my router? Also for info I am using a wired ethernet connection. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One Modern Warfare Problems.

On another note I have just tried another game and it also disconnecting me from that also. So it is an xbox problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does Xbox Live actually disconnect or just the game session?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Xbox live disconnects

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So if you go to the Xbox home screen it says you’re not connected?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes it says all connecting then it depends on time but roughly every 5-10 minutes it disconnects me from xbox live and then reconnects after about 30 seconds removing me from party chat etc. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If nothing else is dropping on the WiFi then it’s an issue with the Xbox’s WiFi.

Can you connect it with a cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It already is connected via ethernet cable and I have also tried wireless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I sometimes (rarely) get kicked out of MW with an xbox live connection error message but Xbox live etc. remains connected 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This happens to regularly for my liking though almost unplayable

0 Kudos