Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

XBox keeps losing wifi

I've read a few answers on this subject but to be honest, I don't know where to start with MAC addresses, static IP addresses and powerjumps or whatever they're called. I just want my son to stop crying. It didn't do this with the slow connection we had prior to going with Virgin. Can it be fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: XBox keeps losing wifi

Oh the joys of children now crying as there WIFI is too slow.

Try a Wired connection.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would if I could. Is a powerline the right answer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the frustration this has caused.

Just a few questions:

Is your Virgin Hub installed where your old one used to be prior to joining Virgin Media?

Where about is the Hub located vs the XBox?

A power line booster may potentially be a solution, but before I can suggest that, I just want to ensure the above first to give me a better idea of the situation.

Thanks,

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I myself hate powerline adapers.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is your Virgin Hub installed where your old one used to be prior to joining Virgin Media?

No. The old one was in the back of the house and it was sloooooooow.

Where about is the Hub located vs the XBox?

Hub = downstairs, front room, XCox = upstairs, back room. I have two boosters in place too, both upstairs, one in from room, the other on the landing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Okay, so from the information you given me. The Xbox is in the furthest away point from the Virgin Media Hub.

It will take a bit of time talking with one and another till we get to a solution as I will have to ask further questions, once answered them, I potentially will need to ask more after. But I hope we find a solution quickly.

Have your boosters worked fine in the past for everything else while on Virgin Media?

If not, how about when you was on Sky?

Do you know what booster you have and by any chance the make and model?

Is the Xbox connected to the closest booster or the Virgin Media Hub?

Thanks,

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The boosters are both TP-Link, 300Mbps TL-WA850PE. No idea if the boosters do any good at all. My phone's connected to the boosters, as no password was needed - the XBox is another thing. Can't see a way to make a password for it, as you need to download an App to make one, but can't get into the App without one!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any update please?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please check your Private Messages.

Thanks,