Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WoW frequent disconnects

Hello,

Currently playing some WoW Classic and since release have been getting disconnected every now and then.

I thought it was a server side issue but after talking to some people it seems not.

Can someone please check my power levels etc to make sure they are okay?

Kind regards,

Phixion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: WoW frequent disconnects

If you go to http://192.168.0.1 (do not login) then click Router Status, you can view the upstream and downstream stats in there, copy paste them into your next post here and the community will be able to tell you if the stats are in or out of spec. Copying the network log too is useful info too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey, since 2 weeks, when there were those heavy rains and storms in London, my CS:GO games do the same. Suddenly my internet goes away, and then comes back and goes away and come back. Sometimes it doesn't happen. I went to 127.0.0.1 and checked router status logs and I can see some warning and critical stuff. I think it's called noisy connection, it means something like our connection is not stable. This heavily affects gaming as there you need consistent connection.

I already called up VM and they will be sending some engineers around the area to check it out.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Phixion,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the disconnection issues with the broadband. As a (bad) gamer myself, I understand the annoyance this would cause. I've had a check and your levels are fine, however it's showing the 2G band has been disabled and this could be the issue according to the system. Can you try re-activating it and monitor the connection for me?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, yes 2G is disabled because we don't use it. I play from a wired connection and have 5Ghz wifi devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phixion,

I've checked your stats and can't see any errors but  your Upstream power is hitting the high limit.

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take a closer look at your network details.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Regards,

Lisa

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey where can i post to do the same and get mine checked out as i have been having the same issue for over a year now and nothings been done to fix when i call up tech supp they say its my pc - but i've not had the issue when i've taken my pc to other locations
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

start your own thread in the forum

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have a few times 😕
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the only thread i can see that you started was back in 2018

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped