cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoW disconnects

cboursnell
Tuning in

I see that something similar to this has been posted before while ago but I thought I would give my own story and see if anyone else is having a similar issue.

I started playing World of Warcraft Classic last week after not playing the game for about 10 years. It felt good to be playing again and it was nostalgic. However from when I first started playing I was getting disconnected from the game often. This happened once or twice an hour. It was very frustrating. It was the "WOW51900319" error message.

I looked at the Blizzard site to find out what might be causing this and what I could do to fix it. They suggested several things to try. I did them all. I plugged my computer in with an ethernet cable to make sure it wasn't a problem with the wifi. I disabled all addons in the game. I tried turning off all the other devices in my house that use the internet to make sure that one of them was not interrupting my connection. I ran winMTR and traceroutes. I tried things with flushing the DNS and renewing my IP. None of these things stopped the disconnects. Then I thought of something else I could try. I used the wifi hotspot on my phone to connect to the internet using 4G. All the disconnects went away. I played on Sunday and Monday just to check that it wasn't a fluke but I played for over 6 hours over those two days and the connection was completely stable. Even the latency was fine. So I had figured out that it was Virgin that was the problem and not anything on my computer or on Blizzard's servers. It's pretty embarrassing for you when a £10 mobile contract is better than your £40 broadband. So Virgin, I would like to enjoy my game and I cannot with this bad service. Please can you help sort this. I don't know if it is a problem your end or that my hub is getting old but I would like a quick resolution to this problem. 

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

I called up support and got an engineer visit booked for this week. So hopefully that will solve things. Thanks for both your help on here though.

Chris

The engineer came today and replaced my old hub with a new one and the problem is totally fixed. Have been playing for a bit this evening and no disconnects at all. I feel I can play my game properly now and do things in a group without worrying about disconnecting.

Danosaurus75
Tuning in

So many people on Virgin getting this, I wasted hours trying to fix before finding these posts!