Menu
Marc234
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WoW Classic constant disconnects

Hello

I have had constant disconnects whilst playing WoW Classic for over a year now. They happen about twice per hour and I am able to continue using streaming services, 3rd party voice apps etc when this happens so the disconnects are exclusive to the game. I have tried every piece of advice i can find from blizzard and online but still get disconnects.

I am using an ethernet connection for my internet, any help would be appreciated thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: WoW Classic constant disconnects

Hi @Marc234,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some connection issues while playing online!

I was able to locate your account, and I cannot see any issues that could be causing your connection to drop, especially on a wired connection.

Are you experiencing this connection issue with any other games or devices? 

Have you tried to reboot your Hub recently? This can help clear any connection issues on the line. 

Please give this a try and let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Marc234
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulina

I do not experience this issue with other games or devices, ive tried running a different game at the same time as WOW and the alternative game remains connected whilst wow disconnects.

I have reset the hub many times but gave it another shot to be sure, unfortunately still experiencing these disconnects

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Marc234,

Thanks for getting back to me about this issue and for confirming some details about this problem.

I understand that you're not experiencing the issues with any other devices or any other games while on the same device.

In this case, it would seem that there could be an issue with the game server itself. Have you contacted the game developers to see if this is a common issue?

If this is the only connection problem that you're experiencing, it does not seem like an issue on our side. Please keep us updated on this if you can.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Marc234
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulina

Thanks for the quick reply. Ive been in contact with blizzard about this issue previously and followed every step in their troubleshooting guide.

Ive had these disconnects every time i play since august 2019 and know it is not the game server as there would be thousands of people disconnecting every day and blizzard would have to address it. I am also still connected to 3rd party voice chat with other players who remain connected

I have seen posts on this forum about similiar issues and i am on the verge of purchasing a vpn as a last resort to see if that works which i would rather avoid doing

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back with an update @Marc234

I have double checked things for you and there is no issue this end. 

As it is just the one game you are having problems with, I would suggest contacting blizzard again for further advise. 

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused.  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dominion
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue with a different but similar game, Final Fantasy XXIV.

Is there a different data handling / routing process for these MMO type of games where thousands of players are connecting to the game servers? compared to shooter style games where players are typically less than 100.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dominion,

Thanks for coming back to us on this.

We have no control over the servers for either of these scenario's, in most instances when playing on PC or laptop, you will have the option of picking the server you wish to join so we'd recommend connecting to the closet one with the best Ping etc. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dominion
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply Kath. I would think most gamers would understand the importance of picking the server geographically closest to home.

I cant speak for WoW, but in our game there is a clear distinction between people on Virgin having issues, and people on BT not having the same issue whilst connecting to the same servers. Latency is not the issue, pings are in the perfectly acceptable range. The problem is apparently random disconnections and it is frustrating a lot of players.

There must be something different Virgin is doing with the data, there are too many people not having issues for it to be the fault of the game companies. Amongst the people I speak to Virgin is the common denominator.

I have been a cable customer for a very long time, since before Virgin bought up the smaller companies, and I despise BT for the very unreasonable way they treated me 20 years ago when I moved house. But as soon as BT roll out fibre to my house I will be leaving unless this issue goes away. I am not willing to keep paying a lot of money and suffering connection problems when other ISP's don't seem to have them.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Of course but it's just something worth pointing out for those who may not be aware. 

I understand you need to do what's right for you and I can only apologise if what we have doesn't suit your needs. 

Good luck moving forward. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos