Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi through netgear nighthawk x4s and speed of 500mb but Spotify won’t play on WiFi and ps4 lag?

We bought a netgear nighthawk x4s to use with VM hub 3 after months of problems, download speed check shows 500mb but son continually complains about lag on ps4 and I’m in same room as router and Spotify won’t play song on WiFi? Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi through netgear nighthawk x4s and speed of 500mb but Spotify won’t play on WiFi and ps4 lag?

Is this the nighthawk that has dumaos on it? If so there is a Qos use that to prioritise gaming should sort it.

A lot of people are having issues with online gaming lately with virgin myself included and i have a nighthawk xr700, do you have the router in modem mode? If so turn your superhub to router mode and turn off the wifi signals and go to your nighthawk settings find the ip address. Go back onto your superhub settings and input the ip address into the DMZ field, it is another way of essentially using modem mode but virgins hub turns to rubbish when modem mode selected, give this a go and see if its any better, let me know if it helps

0 Kudos