cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi not working on oculus as it says it can connect but can’t find internet

Carter1867
Tuning in

It’s been doing it for weeks now and when I go on my oculus WiFi settings it says “connected no internet” could someone please help me out with this it is doing the same on my oculus series X too and we’re paying money for it to only be useable on our iPhones and iPads 

8 REPLIES 8

Carter1867
Tuning in

It works on my Hisense Roku tv too just none of my consoles like Xbox and oculus quest 2

Hi @Carter1867 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔 It must be really frustrating. 

Is it possible to connect the devices in question via ethernet cable? If so, have you tried that?

Also, have you tried seeking advice from the device provider?

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

I don’t know what the Ethernet cable is and it works fine on fibernest WiFi so it isn’t oculus 

Client62
Hero

"connected no internet" - typically a paused device or an incomplete / incorrect DHCP response.

Ok if it’s an incorrect response I need help sorting it out as it still doesn’t let me play oculus quest 2 games that use internet or multiplayer games / game modes

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

Quite a lot of posts out there suggesting that the Oculus needs to be connected to the 5ghz network rather than the 2.4ghz network.

Just a thought.

Kind Regards,

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Hi @Carter1867 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch, as far as the specs of the Oculus, its preference is a 2.4ghz connection but if at any point you are running the host system (PC) off 5Ghz you would have match for match to ensure smooth running and communication between the two devices. Would mind letting us know the specification of your PC that you have your Oculus connected to, also which Oculus have?

Thanks.

Sabrina

Client62
Hero

Can you see the network configuration of the Oculus ?
Does it have an IP address in the expected range ( 192.168.0.xxx for a VM Hub )
Does it have a Mask ?
Does it have a gateway IP ?
Does it have 1 or 2 DNS ?
Can the Oculus perform a network test to get a clue as to what is not working ?