Menu
JSims
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Frequently Dropping Out

Our wifi is frequently dropping out for periods of around 10 seconds, long enough to disconnect anyone gaming which makes it pretty useless. I've had a BQM running for months now since first experiencing this issue and its never flagged anything in these periods. It never records any packet loss and intermittent high ping, although as I say this has never coincided with any drops in wifi. The hub has been rebooted, reset, replugged in etc multiple times. The lights on the hub are steady as it should be even during these outage periods. This issue is affecting phones, xbox, laptops and PCs, all at the same time. To me this feels like the router itself is disconnecting us rather than the wifi dropping out?

And here is todays BQM, which is fairly typical for an average day , and we had a dropout at about 10 past 8 for interest... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/518df82ce7d4c75b2caacd621281e30dfc...

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Frequently Dropping Out

WOW, you game on WIFI.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
JSims
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Frequently Dropping Out

Usually its fine though, strong internet connection in my room and acceptable ping. The issue is it feels like the wifi is just turning off, when it works its fine

0 Kudos