Menu
Message 81 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the X-box live connection problems, we're currently looking into what the issue might be, it would be helpful if you could you please try dropping your Hub into modem mode  and let us know if this improves things.

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 82 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Hi Stuey720, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble connecting to Xbox live.

I have taken a look and I can see your downstream power levels are too low, I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Please be aware we are still investigating the possibility of an issue between the Superhub 2 AC and Xbox live but as you have additional issues with your connection it would only make sense to correct them as it will not be helping your connection on the whole. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 83 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fizzbitt, 

Just a quick update, I have taken a better look at your connection while investigating the data you have popped across to me and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004240365, for slow speeds at peak times. 

I have popped the details across to the team that are dealing with these types of issues and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. 

We should know more after 26/04/2017. 

Please be aware that I am also continuing to investigate the Xbox issue, I will let you know as soon as I know more on this. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 84 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the xbox issue is sorted quickly. Cannot play online without interruption. Can we get some compensation over this?
goatee34
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Thats a good question, Compensation!!!!

I had to go out and buy a 2 sets of ethernet adaptors just so that the two xbox ones that i have can connect too the router.

This was the only way i could use the router, could not use it wirelessly.

Do we get commpensation VM for not providing what you say you do?????

IAmWill_S
Tuning in
Message 86 of 275
Flag for a moderator

This has been going on for 5 days now and hasn't been fixed, this is ridiculous.

We're going to change to Sky anyway, they're better and there'll be none of this problem, it'll probably be quicker to change than to wait for Virgin to fix this problem.
beershark
On our wavelength
Message 87 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having the same problem playing CoD and Titanfall.

Was fine from Christmas until a few days ago then it started kicking me out.  Sometimes after just a minute or so, others after 5 mins++  now rarely get a single game in.

So far, I have....

• Disconnected the xbox from the wifi connection, made a new connection several times
  • Restarted xbox several times
  • Completely reset router to factory settings
  • Changed firewall settings as per instructions in this forum
  • Tried a static IP
  • Port forwarding
  • Created a unique guest connection for the xbox

None of the above seem to work at all.

I have a few other wifi devices in the house, namely a computer and two phones.  These don't drop the wifi connection at all (as far as we can tell) and the kicking out of xbox live also happens late at night when no other devices are in use.

I am using a 5g wifi connection on a SH2

Cant connect via cable as they are in different rooms but xbox showing a signal strength of 75-80% consistently.

Ping is around 160 from the xbox but I believe this is pinging the US.  A speed test on my mobile showed a ping of 46 and 96 mb and my pc 12 and 220 by cable and 13 and 130 via wifi.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 88 of 275
Flag for a moderator

beershark wrote:

<SNIP> Cant connect via cable as they are in different rooms but xbox showing a signal strength of 75-80% consistently.

You could use powerline adapters, at your expense of course, but it should solve the wireless issue.

I have both XBox 360 and One wired and don't get disconnected. However, I'm also running the Hub 3 in Modem Mode.

0 Kudos
beershark
On our wavelength
Message 89 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, I did think of that but I shouldn't have to shell out £30 for a decent pair.  Also, I have noted a few people here are also having issues with cabled connections.

There seems to be a lot of people experiencing the same issue recently.

Does a SH3 improve matters I wonder.

0 Kudos
goatee34
On our wavelength
Message 90 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Why should we have to shell out more money (for equipment) to vermin media because of there short comings just for our xbox's to work wirelessly???

Its not too muh too ask is it??? CMON

We pay enough fookin money to Vermin media. SORT IT or give us a refund.

Vermin media have caused this