Menu
00nowak
Tuning in
Message 61 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

@Icdouble wrote:
Just got off the phone to them. They are taking zero responsibility. Appalling customer service!

I did it around a year ago, and they refused to take responsibility then too. After around a week I said I was switching to Sky,since everyone I know that has Sky never experience any problems with their gaming consoles. One friend runs 3 consoles on his Sky Broadband and they all have perfect connections.

They put me through to a Team Leader who suddenly admitted it's a fault with Virgiin. Upgraded my hub for free, and it worked ever since, up until Thursday. 

Getting them to admit they're in the wrong is almost impossible unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Postscript
Joining in
Message 62 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

I wrote a message on this forum a couple of days ago - saying that we were experiencing the same problem here in Belfast.

We also contacted Virgin by phone. They asked us to use the 2.4 speed and they changed the channel we were operating on.

In fairness, this has rectified the problem for us - fingers crossed - we have had no problems since.

I do appreciate, however, that others have tried this and it has not been a fix for them.

Is there a problem with 'congestion' of some sort on the Virgin network?

With so many homes now having multiple game machines - surely congestion must surface as a problem at some point???

0 Kudos
IAmWill_S
Tuning in
Message 63 of 275
Flag for a moderator

My Xbox One has been fine until last Thursday, I've rang them multiple times and tried to fix the problem but it's still happening, last time I rang them they told me to hardwire my Xbox and keep an eye on it to see if it disconnects, it hasn't so far while I've been on it but I finished a match and it said servers were unavailable, so there must still be a problem somewhere. Virgin need to pull their fingers out and sort this.
0 Kudos
mrthomason
Joining in
Message 64 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same issues.

Even dropping when wired. Yet all other devices are fine.

Weirdly though, last night I moved to another room, further away from the hub and had zero issues.
0 Kudos
Fizzbitt
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I've been chatting to my cousin who lives about 2 miles away and he's experiencing the exact same problem with his Xbox.

Started 3 days ago and he's also on the super hub 2ac
0 Kudos
EL9916
Dialled in
Message 66 of 275
Flag for a moderator

It simply has to be something from VM's end. The influx of forums posts lately I can't see this being a case of faulty gear or anything. 

goatee34
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 275
Flag for a moderator

HI, got 2 xbox one's, both have been fine up and till about 2 weeks ago.

Where both of them have started to disconnect from xbox live/router every 10 to 15mins.

I phoned VM support and they said " they new nothing about this problem", then i said "well take a look on your forums lots of people are having the same problem".

VM said "the community support tell us nothing" and she just changed the channel on the router, this had no effect what so ever.

They VM are dismissing that they have a problem. Gonna leave and go to sky.

One very P-ss-ed off customer

0 Kudos
Ruthdamo1974
Settling in
Message 68 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hi emma is this getting g fixed we having same problem
0 Kudos
Brache123
Tuning in
Message 69 of 275
Flag for a moderator

I have just spoken to virgin again this morning and they have advised they recognise there is a compatibility issue in the network for online gaming .... They have said try are working on it and eta for fix and it working properly is 8-12 hrs let's see !!!
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 70 of 275
Flag for a moderator

That's good to hear Brache, let's hope this doesn't become the usual VM fix and the fix date changes to next week, next month, firmware update, update messed up. .............

I've only been with VM for a few months but I am seeing a pattern emerge whenever they introduce something new. Has the increase in the number of V6 had an impact on bandwidth resulting in this gaming issue?