Menu
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 41 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

pyrotenax wrote:

Turning the firewall OFF is your answer to the problem ?? *facepalm*

If the only device connected is an XBox, then it should be fine.

Otherwise, 100% agree. Shocking advice .........

0 Kudos
Postscript
Joining in
Message 42 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

I have a Super Hub 2ac and my son is having the same problem when using an Xbox One.

I reluctantly tried turning the Firewall off - but this didn't help.

Does anyone really know what the problem is and how to fix it?

I ran a trace and there were 2 'Request Timed Out's in 9 hops. Would this be part of the problem??

Iuke
Tuning in
Message 43 of 252
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem as of this morning, with a fairly new Xbox One S. Changing wireless mode and disabling firewall are two things I've tried, but neither resolved the problem. Connection is fine on every other device in the house, including another Xbox One console.

Marcuswass
Tuning in
Message 44 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Same issue with me tried every single possible solution on this forum and various others. Strange thing is I've had this hub for over 2 years now and never had a problem. Very odd.
Fizzbitt
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 252
Flag for a moderator

I am having this exact same problem and it only started 2 days ago!

I spoke to your online support and they said that it must be the low bandwidth I'm getting at peak times but that ain't the case.

I get it when it's 4mb or 40mb at the moment.

I've tried all the different channels too but still no luck.

My bat type is open and I have setup all the relevant port forwarding for the Xbox and all the game servers I use on it.

Any help would be much appreciated as it's beginning to do my head in!
00nowak
Tuning in
Message 46 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same as Fizzbitt above me ^ 2 days ago my Xbox One started disconnecting every couple of minutes, then instantly reconnects...and just repeats this cycle whenever I try going online. No other devices lose connection.

We have 2 Xbox Ones in the house, the other works perfect with no drops in connection, whereas mine is constantly disconnecting now.

Had the same problem around a year ago, Virgin and Microsoft blamed each other, but after a week of phonecalls Virgin upgraded us to the Superhub 2 and it worked perfectly, up until 2 days ago. 

Seems a LOT of people are posting about this even now, is there still no fix?

Marcuswass
Tuning in
Message 47 of 252
Flag for a moderator

2 days ago for me also, seems virgin have done something wrong...

Not admitted liability to me over the phone. Kept saying everything is okay their end. Soon changed their tune when I said is it or is it not a known issue with the superhub2 that it drops connection to xbox.

Spent 3 hours on the phone to tech support last night. Everything we tried failed. Changed dmz settings and forwarded all ports.

Eventually they said they could forward me onto the gadget rescue team who would definitely be able to fix my issue for a small fee of £35. I laughed in her face! Charging ME money for YOU to fix YOUR problem which is a known issue!!! What a joke.

The woman then said they may be able to waiver the cost if I spoke to customer service. They said no because it's an issue with my Xbox (which it's not). Overall a complete waste of time and my view of virgin has changed. Might look into getting out of my contract since they aren't providing me with the services I pay for.

No offer to reimburse me for the 3 days of no internet to my Xbox (which is the only reason I have internet).
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisalvin1983, 

Thank you for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side currently. 

That being said I can see there was some work done in your area recently, ref 

C00781542. 

I can see there was some trouble with SNR and FECS (Signal to Noise Ratio and Forward Error Corrections) in your area prior to this work but they seem to have settled now. 

How has your connection been over the past few days? 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 49 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your Xbox One connection. 

It may be worth taking a look at http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/xbox-live (external link, we are not responsible for its content).

So we can try to rule out some issues please try the following:

• If you are using wireless try wired, pop the hub into Modem only mode and let us know if it makes a difference. 
  • Let us know if you are having trouble with any other devices.
  • If you are using wireless and cannot try modem mode try switching the frequency to 2.4Ghz and let us know if that makes a difference.
  • Check for software updates on Xbox live itself. 
  • Let me know which Hub version you are on and if you have a separate router. 

Speak to you all soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fizzbitt
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Emma,

I've read through that site and I've found many more people all with the same issue and the only ones who seem to be affected are those with virgin media.

There is an issue at your end and going by the live chat someone had with a tech at virgin, he confirmed that it's known by your engineers and they are trying to fix it.

Please can you check if this is true.

I'm an inch away from switching to another ISP right now if this isn't resolved.
0 Kudos