Menu
Fred-up
Joining in
Message 31 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

This has been driving me crazy for months . When I got my Xbox one it was fine for the first month then this started happening . It's been doing it ever since except for a spell of around 3 weeks where it was fine . Now it's gone to crap again . As I live in a shared house I have no access to the router settings or anything like that since the land lord arranged it all . How am I supposed to fix this problem? Any suggestions would be great because it's really getting me down
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Hey Fred-up,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your connection to your Xbox, I know this is frustrating.

Checking your connection I can see that we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F004739930 which is due for review in the new year. This fault can cause slow speeds during peak time hours.

Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection to your Xbox? I'd firmly advise using an Ethernet cable if possible and if not, maybe try and connect via a power line adapter.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Rob9987
Joining in
Message 33 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I saw this post regarding the the port forwarding and to make sure that certain ports were open etc and i find the way into the hub settings and and to port forwarding but i have no idea what im supposed to do. I watched a youtube video that explained how to add 3074 but that was it. And in this post it gives a list of ports that need to be open to be able to play xbox live.

Im constantly getting disconnected to xbox live. I have a hub 3 and and a wired connection but unable to play online. Within 5minuted of connecting im disconnected again.

Pulling my hair out as to what the fix is
0 Kudos
Lwilson35
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 252
Flag for a moderator

I had same issue rob with hub 3 in end i turned router firewall off and it stopped disconnecting me i was at stage of throwing the router out the window on xmas day
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob9987, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with the Xbox connection dropping when you are connected to the SH3. 

I hope the advice Lwilson35 has helped in rectifying this issue. 

I have also checked your connection and I can see that your downstream power levels are way too high which may also be the cause of the issue. 

I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 252
Flag for a moderator

duplicate post

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 37 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Emma_E wrote:

Hi Rob9987, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with the Xbox connection dropping when you are connected to the SH3. 

I hope the advice Lwilson35 has helped in rectifying this issue. 

I have also checked your connection and I can see that your downstream power levels are way too high which may also be the cause of the issue. 

I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

Turning the firewall OFF is your answer to the problem ?? *facepalm*

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 38 of 252
Flag for a moderator

Hi pyrotenax, 

Thanks for getting in touch, it isn't something I would necessarily advise but I have seen people do this as a work around before now and it seems to have worked for 

Lwilson35.

But as mentioned in my post the Rob9987 has high downstream power levels which could also be the reason for the disconnections, so I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for him. 

If you have another work around then please do let us and the customer know we are a community forum so all input is welcomed Smiley Happy

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
chrisalvin1983
Tuning in
Message 39 of 252
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problems my xbox one is disconnecting and then reconnected few seconds later but by then I'm logged out my game or disconnected from friends Skype, Netflix and any other app I'm trying to use
chrisalvin1983
Tuning in
Message 40 of 252
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same problem I keep being disconnected and then it reconnects seconds later, I've tried everything I can think of to fix it but it doesn't help. Only started yesterday after a area fault Virgin media's end, please help me