Menu
splhcl
Tuning in
Message 271 of 278
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

My Alexa has become more temperamental as well.

0 Kudos
Strutter
Tuning in
Message 272 of 278
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

My Original Xbox one is now doing this all teh time, every 5 - 10 mins, then will exit the game, will sign my profile back in stright away.

Just yet another complete disaster for Virgin Media, how have they not sorted this in so many years.

0 Kudos
holepunch
Joining in
Message 273 of 278
Flag for a moderator

Disconnects from xbox live and psn are also happening wired or wifi for myself.Can you please check my sh3 as i also tried to rent the new avengers movie but it would not play smoothly, ended up being unwatchable. Also getting random buffering with iplayer. Thanks

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 274 of 278
Flag for a moderator

----- Below is just a few extra steps -----

Please login to the Modem with a browser - 192.168.0.1

1: Change the Wifi Name's for 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz (You can use the same passwords)
Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Security

2: Copy the settings of this Photo of the router Wifi setup page.
Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Wireless Signal
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/FIX-FOR-PS4-LAG-SPIKES-WORKING-FOR-MANY/td-p/379...
vm.jpg

3: Make sure the Devices are connecting to 2.4ghz if they are the other side of the house or upstairs. 5ghz if in the same room as modem.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 275 of 278
Flag for a moderator

quick update -> official post for Wifi is here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/WiFi-Gaming/td-p/3839750

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
EastonArrow
Settling in
Message 276 of 278
Flag for a moderator

Only just seen this thread, seems like you are having the same issue many other Xbox multiplayer gamers  are having, its a lot to do with having port 53 open which Virgin have blocked, and don't allow, I have tried many times to port forward my Hub  or ways around it,and always come up against a brick wall when trying to put in port 53,its just not possible, unless they have a quick fix, if like me you enjoy fast paced games that need that bit extra then I am afraid you will suffer like a lot of us Xbox live gamers who want the best possible and smooth multiplayer experience , probably why many players shy away from Virgin, had I known this before setting up a contract I would not have bothered and gone back to SKY or BT, which I will do when my contract ends, unless virgin see`s sense and unblock it.

0 Kudos
mrfroggy
Settling in
Message 277 of 278
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?and pc aswell

hello,

could you help,ive only had the service 1 week and every day since i dissconnect 9 times a day,its very frustrating,i called the tech centre and got nowhere,they couldnt understand me and i couldnt them,i tried to explain best i could but they wanted to charge me £99 for an engineer to come out which i find redicoulus concidering i have had this less than 2 weeks,i have inspected the router closer and it seems there is notable dammage to the power socket at the back of the hub3 router,when i touch the power cord it loses power and restarts,therer is dents and scratches on the switch area of the hub 3,no nobody in my house has been near this hub since installation,i didnt notice this at the time of installation but i think the engineer should have flagged it but i felt it was rushed job due to the high demand of work they have on in the area as its new to virgin media services,is there a way to get a hub 3 replacement without it costing me £99 for someone to come to my house and give it me i can understand if theres a charge for the router but £99 come on.

please help i have rung the tech people 10 times and got nowhere it feels i cant turn to anyone for help within the uk,i think if i try another router to give any line issue the benefit of the doubt then i would much prefer they send me one in the post so i can try this.

thank you

joanne

0 Kudos
plums1234
On our wavelength
Message 278 of 278
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?and pc aswell

@mrfroggy

Call up and choose the option your thinking off leaving/cancel service and you should get through to UK rententions, if not go ahead and cancel and retentions should call you if you've not got marketing preferences set up not allowing them to call you, in my experience its the only way to get anything done.

Unfortunately you are experiencing what VM telephone customer services is like, its very difficult to get past the offshore call centre script staff, they are also very rude, I have a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with 25+yrs exp in the industry only for the offshore call centre to call me thick and it's not their fault I don't understand modern technology and hung up on me when I called up about the latency issues I was having. I went through the process of cancelling and retentions called me, they where much better to deal with.

If I was you and had such an unstable connections so soon after install I would be straight on to retentions and giving notice to cancel as you won't have the same rights once your cooling off period ends and your tied in to a contract.

You have to be firm on the phone, not rude, insist on going ahead with the cancellation as your allowed to do within your cooling off period, don't discuss why with offshore, just keep repeating you want to cancel, you will either get put through to UK retentions or they will call you sometime in next few days.

It won't go off instantly, its 30 days I think but that's plenty of time for you to get sorted or get another ISP.

0 Kudos