Menu
boozbro
Joining in
Message 11 of 265
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Hi, I don't believe this is an issue with Virgin Media service.

My sons can play their xbox one and never get disconnected from live but on their xbox 360 they are disconnected repeatedly.

If you check the xbox live forums you will see this is a problem that has been going on for years on all ISP's.

The problem lies with Microsoft, who do not appear to be doing anything about it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 265
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Hi kyle2

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Xbox connection.

For gaming online a wired connection is definitely recommended over wireless as wireless connection is prone to many types of interference. When testing your hub everything is looking ok.

Do you also experience these issues when using wired connection? 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lmd12345
Joining in
Message 13 of 265
Flag for a moderator

This keeps happening to me and my connection is all ok some times I can go 2 days it be on then I go a month with it kicking me out of games ufc cod and cars when it disconnects me it says u must have an active Xbox live connection takes me of line on the game and dissconects part chat but then comes instantly back on and have to join an. New game but only for 5 mins or if I'm lucky 20 then does it agin I'm moving Internet provider and TV there own loss on over 100 a month
0 Kudos
EL9916
Dialled in
Message 14 of 265
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone. I just want to inform everyone that I don't believe the issue is with virgin media but rather with xbox itself. I went on over to their status webpage which lists a problem which may be the cause of all this. The notice is as follows:

"Are you experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Live? We’re working hard with European ISPs to get this issue fixed as quickly as possible. Thanks for being patient during this process! We’ll have another update for you in 30 minutes."

Xbox live has been having issue for the past several days so I do think its an issue that they need to sort out. 

Hope it helps somewhat.

0 Kudos
Keironr00
Joining in
Message 15 of 265
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing issues when playing Xbox one too, when I'm in a party with friends I lose connection and drop out without getting any notification (I have to check myself to find out). Also I lose connection when playing games, particularly grand theft auto. Usually I only lost a matter of minutes in the game before the connection drops. I have a VM super hub 2.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 265
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keironr00,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you too are having issues with gaming. There is currently an investigation into the latest firmware of the SH2 causing these drop outs in games which sounds very much like what you're experiencing. At present the work around we have until we get this sorted is to put the hub into modem mode

Apologies for the ongoing issues and hope this work around helps. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Di5co
Dialled in
Message 17 of 265
Flag for a moderator

This has been a problem since the Super Hub 2 came out, and the answer has been posted many times before (yet The mods on here seems to be unaware of it, and just test your signal and say an engineer needs to come out... WHICH THEY DON'T)

the answer is...

go to your super hub 2 settings (192.168.0.1 in your web browser) (your default password should be.. changeme),

click advanced settings, click yes, click wireless radio (top selection) then look at wireless mode.. if your having problems it will be checked on 144mbps! YOU NEED to select 54mbps, save settings.  your xbox one should now no longer disconnect!

Right virgin media you know the fix, so either fix it so nobody needs to adjust settings or let people know with a sticky thread.

deaconswain
Joining in
Message 18 of 265
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this, it's fixed the issues i was having!

My xbox was constantly disconnecting from xbox live before making these changes. I would recommend trying this for yourself!

Tags (2)
Stormgaming04
Joining in
Message 19 of 265
Flag for a moderator

Help I keep disconnecting when I'm on gta v online it comes up saying you have disconnected from gta online please sign in to play my NAT is open my download speed is 51:99 upload speed is 11.94 wireless strength is usually 62% please help someone
0 Kudos
donkey20048
Joining in
Message 20 of 265
Flag for a moderator

by changing this to 54mbps does this slow the speed of the internet down? 

0 Kudos