Menu
McBeko
Joining in
Message 91 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

I am having the same issue as most on this forum.  Xbox one keeps disconnecting.  I see from reading the forum that VM says there is an issue that is being looked at but when will this be fixed? It's already been about 5 days and I can't go online to game..thanks.

IanCaufield
Joining in
Message 92 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Im having the same issue as everyone else, and there frontline support dont really help to be honest. As a Virgin media customer for over 10yrs, the last 22 months have been particularly painful. The area im in has suffered from high utilization since 2015 and 2016 with speed that a dial up would be a better option. In the last two days i have suffered this problem on 3 different xboxes in the house, and whilst suffering low seeds i didnt get any disconnections until now. The hub does not recognise a disconnection due to it happening for less than 6 secs per cycle and all other devices are working fine. saying that if you are gaming our streaming that constantly needs data backwards and forwards you wouldn't notice it had dropped out anyway. I have been trying everything that has been suggested and spoke to microsoft about the problem, i have even taken my xbox to another property and its fine there, they arent in the same area and it didn't drop out once on the same type of hub and a wireless connection. So this is a direct problem with Virgin Media and they need to investigate and fix the problem. Thanks Ian
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 93 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Thanks for all the information you have popped across to me so far. 

I no longer need any more examples, we have enough to work with now. 

I will let you know as soon as I know more. 

If you are having trouble with Xbox live but you are not on a Superhub 2 AC let me know as we will need to look for other possible causes for your issues. 

Speak to you all soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
beershark
On our wavelength
Message 94 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, appreciated.

When do you think you will be able to report back with some intel or ideally a fix?

Also, based on your research, is the SH3 less susceptible to this issue and if so, should I be looking at a replacement?

Thanks,

Rob
Message 95 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Thanks for the information you've been supplying in this thread.

We are aware of an issue affecting a small amount of Super Hub 2ac routers.

We are currently investigating this and apologise for any inconvenience.

We’ll provide a further update in due course.

Thanks for your patience,

Ralph

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
russyh
Tuning in
Message 96 of 263
Flag for a moderator

My router is a Superhub 2AC and which I explained before I haven't been able to game online since Thursday 12th Jan, now also turns out a friend I was regularly playing online with is also having the same issue with his Superhub 2AC. 

If the issue is unsolvable within a reasonable timescale (its already been a week, which is far too long in my opinion!!) these should be upgraded at no extra cost. 

shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 97 of 263
Flag for a moderator

I agree, because we don't own the routers in any way. An upgrade to a 3 would be perfect.
Joejnr
Tuning in
Message 98 of 263
Flag for a moderator

I am having this issue as well, it appears to be more widespread than a "small number of users". I have taken the steps mentioned to fix the issue and still no joy. As the issue appears to have taken hold on Thursday is it not easy enough to see what changes were made and roll them back until the issue can be identified and fixed?

0 Kudos
pjc229
Joining in
Message 99 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Another having the issue here.  Have managed to eradicate the disconnections by using 2.4GHz on 54Mbps, but this has reduced the speed such that some games are unplayable. What on earth suddenly changed to cause this?  Baffling.

Iuke
Tuning in
Message 100 of 263
Flag for a moderator

Disappointed in the fact that the problem has been prominent for a whole week now, and I don't feel like we're any closer to a solution..