Menu
Stesmith92
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why do I get better ping on WiFi than using an Ethernet Cable to my Xbox? Gig1 Fibre

Hi,

I have the Gig1 fibre broadband & for some reason I’m getting better ping on WiFi than actually connect an Ethernet cable from Xbox to my router. Anyone know the reason why? 

0 Kudos
Iamgroot
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I get better ping on WiFi than using an Ethernet Cable to my Xbox? Gig1 Fibre

Faulty Ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
Stesmith92
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I get better ping on WiFi than using an Ethernet Cable to my Xbox? Gig1 Fibre

Tried two different Ethernet cables, one a brand new Cat5 cable. Still getting the same results 

0 Kudos
Stesmith92
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Closed

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed

If not cable, its either the network port on xbox or superhub.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting better ping over WiFi than over ethernet that's a sign there's an issue either with the ethernet cable, ethernet port on xbox or a faulty ethernet port on the hub.

Try a different ethernet port on the router?

Previously M200 (Left due to utilisation)

Now: BT FTTP 900/110 connected an ASUS RT-AC86U router.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12098955842.png
0 Kudos