cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warzone lag

rony66
Joining in

I'm having serious problems with my internet while trying to play online games (Call of Duty). My in game ping constantly fluctuates from around 50ms to 400ms therefore cause me to lag. 

I have the Hub 4 and im using a wired connection. 
engineer has done a line test and provided a new router and does not know what to do now (new router installed yesterday)

When conducting a speed test my jitter can be anywhere upwards of 15ms which i understand is probably the main reason behind my game lagging. 

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what i could do to get this problem fixed as it has been happening for probably 2 years now. 

i pay for 300mbps and when doing a speed test it reaches that but the game lags every day

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for the issues faced darmo,

Welcome back to the community!

From checking our service currently everything seems to be in spec, can I ask are you facing issues on other games/devices too? 

Thanks,

Kain

My Broadband Ping - new

As you can see from the graph, this is a virgin media network issue. lag spikes all the time throughout the day and just completely unacceptable average latency during the 8-10pm hours that makes multiplayer FPS gaming impossible during these hours. i mean, I wasn't expecting anything when i set up the BQM and yet....i am still disappointed. It seems 4-8am are the only decent hours to game, which is ridiculous. And even at these hours the minimum latency is around 16ms, i know that BT FTTP would be around 5ms. I would much rather be spending my money on that. Can i get out my internet contract please? that's the only solution i would be happy with right now. i might return to virgin once you upgrade to fibre optics in a few years time. 

whats the progress on switching my contract to a rolling one?

In case you're unaware... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/VM-CORE-NETWORK-FAILURE-URGANT/m-p/5005516#...

And my BQM over the past few months...And COD Warzone is just ridiculous - My average ping has went from 60 to well over 80!!! Constant lag, screens loading slowly in and out of game... Very unhappy 😞  

My Broadband Ping - My Asus

Hi darmo,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, to switch to a rolling contract this would involve a one of £70 charge, you can find out more here, if you are currently in contract there may be an early disconnection fee, you would need to speak to our Customer Relations team on either 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Regards

Paul.