Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media the most useless ISP in the LAND its official

Unuseable service and zero support from the VM wombles a 3mb Talk Talk line has proven far better than VM 100mb connection for 2nd day running.

And Virgins answer but we're 33 times faster we don't give a Rats Bum if the data you get is unuseable.

All I need is between 128kbs & 500kbs and 120kbs to 200kbs up but I obnly pay for 100mbs & 10mbs so they tell  me I need more speed, how many of you fell for that lie and paid them extra for the same rubbish.

This is blatant fraud and supplying a service unfit for purpose as for customer service they have a few wombles without a clue pushing the company line.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media the most useless ISP in the LAND its official

Hi Lucan, 

It sounds like you're having a problem here, is there anything we can do to help? 

With regards to customer service, we do take this seriously and want to try and assist our customers however in the current situation it is difficult to provide the normal level of service. 

If you'd like to drop me a private message with your postcode and account number along with a description of what is happening I can take a look and see what I can do! 

I hope this helps 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What is happening is the VM system is hugely oversubscribed across the UK I have been in sessions with 50 plus racers and monitored the ping & quality of connection of everyone present without fail the only uk ISP  unable to provide the stable 128kbs required Virgin no other UK provider was affected, tests with a Talk Talk connection proved how bad VM really is, I've spent days sending details to people saying same thing as you do, ringing VM  daily and am eventually booked for a wasted techie visit this evening to tell me what I know.

Maybe they will sling a 6db attenuator inline and manage to lose some of the awful noise on the cable but as with everyone else going through the same with virgin I won't hold my breath, the service is so heavily oversubscribed to pay off just the interest on money borrowed to lay cable in the same way every airline overbooks in the knowledge that everyone does not arrive at once, but they have....

No offence to you as I have not spoken to you yet but the chocolate teapots using the same introduction to date are doing VM no favors, as an IT pro who's managed mainframes & networks since the 80's for goverment & other I do not take well to excuses lies or delaying tactics where customers are engaged by a sucession of trolls with the same excuses & disappearing act thats worse than silence.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Firstly, don't hold your breath in getting the congestion fixed overnight.  As a veteran customer, who still has an NTL email address from ~2000, I can assure you that VM will move heaven and earth before fixing over utilisation.  I had problems for about 10 years, the modem / "Super" Hub dropping connection multiple times a day during busy periods.  Only in the last year have things improved in my area.

The best thing you could possible do right now, is setup a Broadband Quality Monitor, which is completely free and runs transparently.  This will show you the quality of your connection and you can go look back at previous days connections.  If you get an engineer, show them these graphs as they are rock solid proof that you having problems - it also helps them to help you, as they can see exactly when you're having problems and pinpoint and errors at that time.

Can you tell I've my fair share of problems with VM yet?

When you have problems and/or lose connection, note the date and time - this will help you with the above BBQM graphs.  Then phone up the script monkeys and just wait and wait in the queue until they have dealt with your call.  This way they have their own proof that you have called with problems with whatever the monkey has noted on your account.

If you've just signed up with Virgin Media, I strongly recommend you cancel your contract within the cooling off period.  Unless of course you're willing to play the waiting game, by which time you'll have aged considerably by then!

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I also have my Ntlworld email and a customer for over 20yrs, during which time I have begun legal action against VM on two occassions, both times they settled out of court, they had enough nouse not to try and defend the undefensable defrauding customers with illegal use of BACS to dip accounts twice, and defrauding ex customers for years by using BACS to steal from accounts for Telephonic add ons that were not specifically named when cancelling all VM services.

Just had an engineer out who confirmed my diagnosis my speedtest at Fast.com aka Netflix at Wellingborough a whole 12 miles away 4.3/100mbs down and 0.790/10mbs up, the problem on every call the same over utilisation which is twice as bad in NN1 so a ticket will be raised again to snatch a few resources from elsewhere the problem will never be fixed only moved from pillar to post coming to an area near you it is not if but when.

Only reason I am still here because Openreach are on Covid holiday until july, I have complete logging on my connection to monitor everything from BQM to actual packet loss when attempting to use, the moment I can get another line in I am gone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I fully disagree, my VM has been rock solid for over 10 years.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's mostly area based, I've been with VM for 6 years which were across 4 different locations. Only one of the locations had no issues with broadband. The current location I am in seems to be the worst even pre-lockdown.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have been with them is 7 properties and I had them in 50plus rental properties for many years I know how VM work the frauds they have committed and the legal cases I layed that they settled out of court, we could expect nothing else from a Gooner than a disagreement! but I won't hold that against you I also work in IT and have done as an analyst, programmer, SW manager & consultant  for over 30 years.

To be approached by various VM pets pushing the company line is peeing off more customers than the pee poor service, now tell me how this is not the same as any airline that sells extra tickets because a percentage will never turn up, debts unpaid from the laying of the original cable are still being serviced zero investment just sell sell sell with the expectation they will never all turn up at the same time.

Well in many areas they have Shock Horror and wehave 4.3 & 0.79 with packet loss of 40% so VM are looking for areas unaffected like yours that they can steal capacity from to move to the areas where most noise is being made so tell me of your area of expertese that makes you more proficient than myself & VM staff in this area I am truly interested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

post.jpg4 Weeks in a techie has visited & after checking everything double checking with base I still get 5-10% of what I pay for and its still unuseable, that must make it official.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You already have a post.

Theres no need for multiple threads 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos