cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Gig1 is completely unusable for gaming - Connections are being oversold in every area

Azimkar
Tuning in

Azimkar_0-1696495294172.png

Azimkar_1-1696495308879.png

Azimkar_2-1696495355443.png

Azimkar_3-1696495360866.png

Azimkar_4-1696495367676.png

My power levels are in check and this is the connection I get every single day. Paying £60 a month to have 50+ms ping spikes constantly and packet loss CONSTANTLY in every game.

This connections are clearly being oversold and the network can't handle the traffic. Is there a solution to this? Is there even any point in getting an engineer to look at this since all the levels are in check. 

I am at the end of my rope with this company, the customer service is easily the worst I've dealt with in the past 10 years the phone lines are COMPLETELY useless.

I will be reporting this to OFCOM/Ombudsman.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Yup agreed. Stats are fine and BQM points to over subscription. Maybe still check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Yup agreed. Stats are fine and BQM points to over subscription. Maybe still check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Azimkar
Tuning in

No-one from Virgin is going to address this?

It can take several days for a reply on here from VM.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Azimkar,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having these issues, looking into our systems I can see you would benefit from having a technician sent out to investigate, for me to go about booking this in for you I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message.

Joe

Client62
Legend

Share a screen shot of the full test results from the link below.

Lets see the packet loss issue & how bad it is at the Hub 5.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see Latency / Jitter / Packet Loss / Upstream speed.

Dom338
Tuning in

I agree with you! But... VM tells otherwise it's "good" on their end. This has been an on-going issue for the past month and a half with the internet dropping connection but everything is "fine, it must be your equipment". VM are not taking responsibility for their internet issues. I am ringing them up in the morning to leave after upgrading to a package, I've been a customer for a long time but at £91 a month it's ridiculous. 

Lordcast0r
Tuning in

I remember having issues with my VM connection forever, they had no competition in my area, always having to upgrade the exchange or something they would say, of course they never stop selling it, even if it was fully broken they would still sell it, it's always overutilized, I had to use the old school phone line for the gaming, because VM FTTP line was always junk for it, sad but true.

Here I am in a new location that's just had VM FTTP installed today, 1gb FTTP, I had no choice to to go with them, because the BT VDSL line here is junk at peak times, so I'm hoping to have a better experience this time, but 😄 I know better, I will keep both connections live and monitor both closely, I'm guessing the VDSL line will get better as everyone hops on the new fiber, then the fiber will quickly turn to Junk for gaming Again 😔