Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Very low speeds, latency issues and packet loss

• For the past 4 to 5 days now I have been experiencing a ton of issues 1 to do with my download speeds have being seriously low even after resetting the router multiple times I'm getting anywhere of 2mbps to 20mbps when I should be getting around 100mbps. Secondly when I was trying to play some games on my pc which has a wired ethernet connection I was noticing a tone of latency issues which is making my game very unplayable then I'm getting packet loss of anywhere from 1% to 50% and obviously that's not good so I tried rebooting my pc to see if that was the issue I troubleshooted it looked online for answers and fixes and non of them worked so then I tried some games on my ps4 and noticed the exact same thing was happening so I thought now its something wrong with my cables or router I have changed the ports I used and the ethernet cables I use i have reset the router and factory reset its settings and nothing has fixed this issue at all for the past 5 days. Same time around last year in the summer I was experiencing the same kind of issues and managed to get a virgin media technician to come refit the main cable for the router and put a new one in and he said to contact virgin if any issues similar occur after and I have tried to contact the support team but unfortunately havent managed to get a hold of anyone due to the awful events of COVID-19. But hopefully this community page post can reach someone who can help me fix this problem or organize a date for a technician to try fix these issues. 
  • Thank you 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very low speeds, latency issues and packet loss

I would also like to add I have 3 friends who are also using virgin media and the same router as me which is the hub 3.0 and they all live in under a mile radius and non of them are experiencing any issues like this which makes me think this is a router or cable issue 

0 Kudos