Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

VM is a joke-latency

As a lot of you are also aware latency is a joke at the moment. Finally managed to get someone from their “technical team” to ring me (yay) and he didn’t even know that poor latency could cause issues when online gaming. This company is a joke, will be looking to leave when all this is over. No closer to a solution or them admitting anything is even wrong (even after supplying them with days of BQM readings showing the spikes during the day). Anyone looking to join VM AVOID! Service is poor, customer service is worst. I’m a key worked and am having to waste my current spare time trying to get reliable connection rather than relaxing. 

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM is a joke-latency

Its not a joke its a deception and a fraud when they can not supply 0.12% of what many of us are paying for see my post....

Just how bad is Virgin Broadband why is 100mbs not capable of 120kbs? is it ROBBERY!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You posts don't actually make any real sense, you've made "claims" about speeds yet i've not seen any actual evidence provided, no trace routes, no modem stats, and going by your numbers i must be in that 0.12% as i've always had what i paid for over the 13 odd years i've been a VM customer, and yes i'm well aware your 0.12% is a random number pulled out of thin air 😉

If you're having issues you need to provide the basic troubleshooting information, which i don't seem to see in any of your posts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If you read the posts the 0.12% is a fact what would be needed to do what most of us cannot, 128kbs would allow almost every game to run if the quality was there, here again table of required bandwith to play game with highest data requirement I have so far tested. 0.11356% and 0.119% if selecting lowest connection 128kbs rounded up to 0.12% which VM cannot supply I've only been a customer for 20plus years.

Connection Type Down (Kbps) Up (Kbps)
DSL, Cable, Fiber, 128K or faster (IPv4) 113.56 119.00
DSL, Cable, Fiber, 256K or faster (IPv4) 146.20 119.00
DSL, Cable, Fiber, 512K or faster (IPv4) 173.40 119.00
DSL, Cable, Fiber, 768K or faster (IPv4) 309.40 151.64
DSL, Cable, Fiber, 1Mbit/sec or faster (IPv4) 483.48 195.16

I know the problem I have managed fibre optic WAN accross the county since the 80's, having explained the problem to  others I am loathed to start again the speed is the only thing VM will ever advertise because the infrastructure is oversubscribed and their is no quality or customer support, just people that try to BS and run away when called out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@lucan07 wrote:

I know the problem I have managed fibre optic WAN accross the county since the 80's, having explained the problem to  others I am loathed to start again the speed is the only thing VM will ever advertise because the infrastructure is oversubscribed and their is no quality or customer support, just people that try to BS and run away when called out.

Brah can I have a go in your TARDIS? Its just that the first TA FO cable was laid in 88, and WAN FO wasnt a thing untill well into the 90's. So I assume you were managing them by time travel?

Also the voices in your head aren't "others"

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

BQM reading for anyone with any doubt. 

Mrfuzzywig_0-1587102859456.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Latency issues, please can i get a response this time.

I am having constant latency spikes during the day (even more so during the evening). I had someone from your "technical team" call me but told me he doesn't know much about latency and cant help, great. I see some people are getting responses on here now and would appreciate if anyone from VM can please advise on if there is a known issue in my area? Please see graph below. 

Mrfuzzywig_0-1587389634904.png

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency issues, please can i get a response this time.

*just to say this is in the NN8 area and the tech guy has already said my modem is working fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Your getting good service in NN8 in NN5 we would kill for a service like that
Snip20200420_2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Mrfuzzywig Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos