Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VALORANT - High Packet Loss

Hi all,

From looking through the forums a little bit, seems like a lot of people are having packet loss issues, as I am. However, it seems that my issue is specific to VALORANT. Any other games that I play, such as CSGO or Warzone don't have this issue.

As per other posts on here, I'm experiencing high packet loss within VALORANT, whilst my ping sits around 25-40ms in game. This makes the game extremely stuttery and impossible to play at times.

I've spoke with Riot support, and they've helped me to run multiple tests on my connection. They've told me that I'm having high packet loss somewhere along the route to their EU servers. They advised me to get in touch with Virgin Media, but so far I've had no luck over the phone - so posting here in the hopes of getting some help.

One of the tests they asked me to complete was to use PingPlotter and ping their servers. Attached below are screenshots of the results.

PingPlotter Test 1.pngPingPlotter Test 2.png

Following these results, they told me to get in touch with Virgin Media and to say the following:

"When you have the time to get in touch with your ISP, the easiest way you can describe this situation to them is to simply provide them with the very same Ping Plotter screenshots that you have shown us, while of course telling them what you are experiencing.

Also, make sure you ask for a Tier 2 Agent or Technician as they should be able to assist you in such cases."

Could anyone assist with this? I've tried everything I can on my end to resolve this issue and still it persists. Has been happening for over 2/3 months now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VALORANT - High Packet Loss

Update: Here's a BQM from 9pm yesterday (Tuesday 3rd November) until now (9pm Wednesday 4th November)

013d2ade4315486145c8e0ab176b900faa550c95-04-11-2020.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VALORANT - High Packet Loss

Hey paulxo,

Welcome to the Community Forums, I'm really sorry for our delayed response and for the issues you've been having with your broadband performance when online gaming.

I've been able to locate you account and can see that you're currently affected by short term high utilisation in your area, however this should be affecting your connection all together rather just on one specific game. Sadly we do not have an estimated fix date for this issue at present, however please do check back in with us at your earliest convenience if your issues are still ongoing and we can go from there.

Beth

0 Kudos