Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Upload Speed being throttled when streaming - Virgin Media REFUSES to even acknowledge me

Hi. 

It's fair to say the internet is pretty important in my life - as an esports caster and part-time streamer I get *all* of my revenue through the service. I was buoyed by the announcement that my speeds would be doubled free-of-charge with the incoming 1Gig wave and on the surface everything is fine. 

Except when I stream. 

No. This isn't an app problem. No. This isn't me expecting too much of my service. This tweet should show you exactly where my problem lies. Keep in mind that this was made before it was made painfully aware to me where the blame lies. 

https://twitter.com/Irelique/status/1321882733300375558

I also notice that a similar (if not identical) problem has occurred with fellow user @GBUKjai found in this thread here. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Bitrate-is-going-down-when-streaming-causing-lag...

His issue hasn't been resolved for six months. Quite frankly this is disgraceful, shocking customer service from Virgin. 

My internet upload speed is ESSENTIAL to my income. I've already lost three days of streaming to this pitiful service. I want answers and I want them ASAP. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload Speed being throttled when streaming - Virgin Media REFUSES to even acknowledge me

VM do not throttle speeds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload Speed being throttled when streaming - Virgin Media REFUSES to even acknowledge me

Then please, do explain to me what is happening here.

I'd love to know.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

congestion maybe
connection fault.
Hardware fault

But not throttling

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well considering that I'm getting fine speeds APART from when I'm streaming? It fascinates me what that could be to tell you the truth. It would also be nice to get in contact with a human being who could at least offer me a path to sorting this issue. So far I've had three days of NOTHING. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

you shouldn't be using your VM connections is used for your income you should have a business connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I see no options to upgrade online. How would I be able to get in contact to try and sort something out? Is there a different number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/
different company. VM business details on here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, if you are interested in VM Business PM me name and contact details and i will get one of the Business team to contact you

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Irelique,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the broadband issues.

I've checked the system today and there is a congestion issue in your area. F008490193 is the reference number for your records and the estimated fix date is the 11th November.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos