Menu
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

[Update] FIFA - Connection Issues

**Update**

We believe this issue may be resolved. If you are still having issues connecting to certain game modes on FIFA please pop a reply below to let us know. If you are still having issues could you please confirm the following information in your reply;

• Area of the UK
  • Error message received
  • When does this appear

**Update**

We’re aware that some of our customers are having problems trying to play certain game modes on FIFA. We understand that this issue is also affecting customers of other internet providers as well. At this time we’re trying to contact EA to get more information from them.

Hi,

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues connecting to FIFA's online services. 

This has been raised under the reference F007836499.

Our team are investigating this issue, and we will update this post when we have further information.

Mod Team

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA - Connection Issues

Are we entitled to compensation this has been ongoing since Friday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA - Connection Issues

I dont think this is Virgin's fault. Check the other thread for my response.

Ash

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: [Update] FIFA - Connection Issues

Hi there at the weekend we had new router put in hub 3.0 and ever since I been having issues with playing online with fifa saying about disconnecting to the servers and it lagging really bad and before the new router was put in I had no issues what so ever can this be resolved please 

Thanks 

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've had issues with this ISP for 3 years when it comes to this game, apparently the routing is very poor when it comes to how Virgin connect to EA servers

I'm not tech savy enough to explain it but something about VM going from A to C to E to B when obviously in reality it should just be A to B

Whatever it is, it's ruining a lot of peoples gaming experience when it comes to this game.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

DISGUSTING TO BE BLANKED FOR 2 WEEKS, VIRGIN ARE ROUTING MY PACKETS UPTO 20 DIFFERENT PLACES BEFORE THEY HIT MY PS4, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS AS I AM CONNECTING TO AMAZONS SERVERS TO PLAY THE GAME IN IRELAND, NO NEED AT ALL FOR THE SLOW PING HIGH JITTER AND EXCESSIVE ROUTINGS.

2020 AND NEVER EVER LOWER THAN 30 PING EVER ON ANYTHING! WHY DO I HAVE 100MB WITH MIN 30 PING?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not virgin media fault. EA sports and it’s been investigated. I’m in the same boat like a lot of others are. Just need to wait till this gets resolved. EA sports needs to fix this problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately even before hitting Amazons servers in Ireland my packets are being routed up to 20 times! I have friends in London with under 20 ping i am never, ever under 30.

Robert since when were you CCNA/MSCE qualified to tell me what my problem is? Have you any background in Networking at all. How is it not Virgins fault, come tell me know since your an expert?

BOTH parties need to do their bit here; incredible its happening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It has bad as its been all week and still no reply from Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Like the rest of the problems with VM latency 7 people in a street only one with probblems is a VM customer surprise surprise. 10x the speed with 1/10th of the quality and regular 30-40% packet loss is VM's offering , consol users have little access to information to disprove VM Lies and often  less knowledge so easier to fob off with lies too.