Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unstable latency..yet again, IP2 9UA

Just going to leave this here! 4 months down the line and it's still...!! The 500mb package on the website says it's perfect for gaming..come on just a tad bit misleading? also, what do you class perfect internet for gaming because I would love to know? Anyone in the same position as me just go with Ghost Broadband https://www.ghostgb.co.uk/ only reason I'm not with them now is that the speeds are not that great for me around my area..good old Openreach!

Cheers

James 

Capture.PNG

Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable latency..yet again, IP2 9UA

@James178 wrote:

The 500mb package on the website says it's perfect for gaming..come on just a tad bit misleading?

Yup you can game on 100Mb and stream HD even 4K just fine but if you didn't know that its a way for you to pick the faster package.😏  

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

The 500mb package is still going to be as unstable as the 350..I just think slapping 'Its perfect for gaming' on the fastest package is a little bit cheeky! when we all know speed does absolutely nothing to your gaming experience! When it hits 6 pm that's when the whole network struggles and everyone starts getting latency icons on games and all sorts. Might as well turn on hotspot on my phone and play of that, higher ping but hey at least it's stable 

Cheers 

James 

On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

See, i told you...Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having constant intermittent problem son my PS4 this past weekend especially, only upgraded to 500mb last week and the amount of disconnects to the PS Network is ridiculous! I believe the speed is there but my god the most unreliable Wi-Fi virgin media definitely has surely no other broadband can be this unstable?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi VDB, 

In my opinion, the 500mb package is a waste of money! The Virgin Media network is the worst for just about everything. I can guarantee if I was to look on downdetector now..virgin is at the top of the list for issues. If you want my advice because doesn't seem like anyone here will help or come up with a solution. I know why! If you're lucky enough to get BT or Gfast around your area I would go with them. Stable ping, stable connection and correct me if I am wrong I believe you can get speeds up to 300mb. I'm currently getting BT installed on the 6th purely for my gaming pc because playing on virgin media is like playing on Tesco broadband..

Cheers 

James

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any ideas? any help? 

0 Kudos