Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unbearable Speed/Packet Loss/Ping Spikes - Ongoing for MONTHS

I'm literally sick to death with the Internet service provided by Virgin Media. I'm paying for 350mb internet and and not only do I receive low download speeds often (Which isn't even the main problem), i get CONSTANT ping spikes and high packet loss all day everyday - Without fail.

One of my biggest issues with Virgin, is their poor customer service. For months now, they have lied continuously about dates that it will be fixed and lied about reasons it is down to. They have wasted my time on tonnes of calls to them, all with no avail. They have gone through every pointless step possible when it's clear they have over subscribed in the area and cant handle the amount of users on the internet in the area (WV4). Thing is, they refuse to come and upgrade the system out here because it's more worthwhile that they let a few people leave due to the service and then eventually the rest who decide to stay get normal internet again. 

Link to Ping for past 2 Months 

Link to a few Internet Speed Tests 

I have literally been having these problems since February and only started recording them start of April due to numerous calls to Virgin not helping and then finding this forum and seeing how people are recording their data. It is ridiculous how many of us are having these problems yet I'm seeing Virgin are telling each and everyone of us the same old rubbish. 

I'm tired of being given dates and dates for them only to get pushed back, and then when a date eventually comes - No change. Last few phone calls with Virgin - they are literally telling me, 'nothing we can do', so i'm expected to have paid what i'm paying for the service i'm receiving????  I want this to actually be sorted and fixed, and I want this dealt with immediately now. Become way past a joke.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unbearable Speed/Packet Loss/Ping Spikes - Ongoing for MONTHS

Good Morning JasonC94,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry to see that you've been having issues with our broadband services.

I've taken a look into your account and see high utilisation is currently effecting your local area.

Description:010 High US Utilisation Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our

Remedy Number: F008056176  

Status:Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem

Date Open:21 MAY 2020 10:01

Estimated end date:29 JUL 2020 14:20

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you

Kindest regards,

David_BN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unbearable Speed/Packet Loss/Ping Spikes - Ongoing for MONTHS

It can't be fixed - as you see from each fix date it just gets pushed back and back. Better off switching to a different ISP, sure speeds will be slower but at least you'll have consistent ping for online gaming.

unfortunately forum guys nor VM customer service can fix this. In the same boat as you, really sucks but it's your only option.

0 Kudos