Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use internet latency

Been active on these forums trying to get some sort of date when the NN region will see improvment. yet have received nothing, my internet is completely unusable unless i use it between 12:30 and 10am.

I've seen multiple date on when this will be fixed but now its beyond a joke please could someone fill me in?

Please see this link to a text conversation i have had with virgin, i may have been a little rude but it was less than helpful. He did say at the start he cant do alot due to me not being the account holder but i have cut that off as there is loads of personal info:

https://imgur.com/a/GGKMrnP?fbclid=IwAR0TDTju8T8ZR3hmxqK3-IOw_4XQ2zoYcLnyHmu_q1mWYD3F8nNUIDqkZMA

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use internet latency

There are several large conurbations where some or all of VM's network is suffering from the same issue.

To give a brief set of options..

• You should have been issued an F number, which will allow you to claim a proportional credit on your monthly bill.

• If that is not acceptable to you, if they have said its overutilisation you can ask to released from your contract without penalty.

• You can raise a complaint through CISAS which will take longer than either claiming service credit or leaving without penalty, but will likely give you the option to change supplier at no cost to you. So if BT/Openreach want x quid to replace the old line to your premises, VM will foot the bill.

You should also note

• These faults tend to be open for a long time.

• Any date given to you is a review date NOT a fix date

• There may be times you are told measures have been taken to improve the situation and your speed does not reach your advertised "Up to" speed.Further works will be required in that case.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your detailed answer, its better than anything I've got from VM, which was upgrade, leave or wait. I don't find it acceptable though to have so many people having issues and no official response other than sending routers out (which tbh seems like a time buying manoeuvre). 

Telling us that there is over subscription in the area and leaving it there is no where near good enough. If there is a road that has too many cars on it we don't say 'Ok we will wait until people stop using the road' you build a bigger road. ISPs want to be seen as an essential service, it's time they started acting like one. Saying we're in a pandemic as an excuse to provide a crappy service is bull, other essential services have worked around it to make sure key errors are still able to function.

Outside of gaming its putting me and possibly others at serious risk of being furloughed, no one wants to do a meeting at 1am as I'm not able to do it at any other time with out sounding like C3PO who needs to be charged. If we're in for another 3 weeks of dire coverage without any attempt to rectify the situation I don't see any reason for me to stay with VM.

Sorry for the rant.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cant argue with that one iota.

Ive said in other threads, the issue is not the fact that we are where we are. The issue is we are where where we are due to lack of investment and that applies to areas like yours, and the current issues with call centres. Lack of investment.

TBF , Virgin are subject to the same commercial pressures as any other company. Given the SCALE of investment required to put things right, well it aint happening any time soon. Then there is the fact that NO service company aims to give everyone 100% service.  When I worked for a service industry, 90% was considered good, 80% more like what you aim for. Its simply too expensive to service the rest. In any service industry, profit comes from oversubsciption.

Now go to- even if they WANTED to spend the money, in the current climate.....You are looking at a minimum of a re-segment and more likely an additional headend. You want to try organising that with the construction industry in meltdown and the Polish fleeing the country? Even SOURCING  a CMTS at the minute would be an achivement.

And its a transient issue- lockdown finishes it will disapear. Hopefully.

Not defending, just explaining.

And yes, it has made me look at my options. From my front window I can see a new FTTP pod Openreach have installed and im thinking....

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello AngryToast

Sorry you have had to resort to coming on here

Sadly we do have some planned upgrades ongoing in your area, which in turn is causing a bit of instability on your the local network

We do have an estimated fix date of the 22/04/2020 

The current is stored under reference number F007960516  

Should you need an update pop back on here 

Gareth_L

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response, I am a bit more at ease : )

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Did anything actually get done? I have seen 0 improvement if anything it is worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No improvements in NN5 either, still unusable in the day, even when the ping is low it still feels somewhat off (this could be due to me having an off day on CSGO but still doesn't feel right). Will 100% be changing providers as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth_L,

Is there any update on what happened with the F007960516? I'm in a different area but would be good to know if these ticket numbers and fix dates are just outputs from a random number generator.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Waiting for an update on ticket number F007960516, I am also not from this area but very interested to see if these fix dates and true or being rescheduled. 

0 Kudos